Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was surging around 4 PM in Dallas today. Of course the surge was everywhere except where I was and by the time I reach there it was too late. This happens to me a lot.

Also when I was IN THE surge area (1.6X) around 3:30. They freaking sent me 20 minutes outside of the surge. Why is it surging if there is no request in my area???

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,187 Posts
Its a scam, but it fun to watch ! I got two request outside the surge, then I got one and at 1.6X but it was 10 minutes away. Said screw it and came home...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
We've all been there and it confused us all the first few times. The pax isn't accepting the high rates so that's why you're not getting a ping. Don't accept a non surge ping if you're in a surge zone. You'll (most of the time) get one eventually even if you have to time out a couple of times. It won't be the high surge you're seeing but it'll be something the pax finally agrees with and confirms the request. Only a select few will accept a high surge ride. Desperate, not paying attention, or they have the money to not care.

This is just my opinion on the subject.

And I feel ya. This was me today. Twice.

Map World Ecoregion Line Font
Ecoregion World Map White Yellow

I thought I had caught a surge ping one time, but it turned out to be just a regular ping and a red traffic light was reflecting off my phone.

o_O
Hahahaha that's funny

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We've all been there and it confused us all the first few times. The pax isn't accepting the high rates so that's why you're not getting a ping. Don't accept a non surge ping if you're in a surge zone. You'll (most of the time) get one eventually even if you have to time out a couple of times. It won't be the high surge you're seeing but it'll be something the pax finally agrees with and confirms the request. Only a select few will accept a high surge ride. Desperate, not paying attention, or they have the money to not care.

This is just my opinion on the subject.

And I feel ya. This was me today. Twice.

View attachment 100071 View attachment 100072

Hahahaha that's funny
Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a shot for sure. Waiting is probably the best idea. And my god your first picture is just unfortunate haha. But I hope you were able to get into surge in time. By the time I drove to the surge area, it was almost gone.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a shot for sure. Waiting is probably the best idea. And my god your first picture is just unfortunate haha. But I hope you were able to get into surge in time. By the time I drove to the surge area, it was almost gone.
I finally got one. A 2.9 for 2 miles hahaha I went home after that disappointment.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, I am relatively new. Does it blatantly show the surge value (if there is one) when the ride request pops up? Also, how do you know when you are getting prime time on Lyft? Because today I was no where near a pink box, but got 50% primetime for a 25 mile ride. I am not complaining, but is there a way to figure out if the ride is going to primetime?

This Is the the reply I get when I complain about the issue. BS excuse.

Attachments

·
Banned
952 Posts
So it was surging around 4 PM in Dallas today. Of course the surge was everywhere except where I was and by the time I reach there it was too late. This happens to me a lot.

Also when I was IN THE surge area (1.6X) around 3:30. They freaking sent me 20 minutes outside of the surge. Why is it surging if there is no request in my area???
Welcome to uber , my dear son.

It's all about positioning drivers

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think Uber is getting tired of us surge chasing and coming up with clever ways to get us to stop. I also sitting in surge near toppless bars and got a ping 11 mins away no surge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts