Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber is attempting to simplify surge. RI along wth CINCINNATI, OKLAHOMA CITY, PHOENIX, SAN ANTONIO AND CHARLOTTE are the testing markets. They're replacing the surge multiplier with actual dollar amounts. Some new features appear on surface to simplify surging areas. So the guesswork should be eliminated.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guesswork as in simple math? Yet another genius comment from you. So now the 2.0x surge ride to Boston will be an extra what? $12 based on fixed amount vs $30 surge multiplier. Real difficult guesswork.
Exactly how many surge rides from Prov to Boston have you done in a year? Maybe 1 or 2.

Relying on long distance surge rides are not sustainable. I'd rather get an increase on more short rides. Look at it as a small pay increase.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Dara listened!
drivers said multiplication is too complicated
so now you have addition to figure our earnings

that should be a win for the driver

·
Registered
23 Posts
Relying on long distance surge rides are not sustainable. I'd rather get an increase on more short rides. Look at it as a small pay increase.
There has been absolutely no surge today in RI. I'm guessing the demand threshold has raised to balance for increased payouts on smaller trips which in essence totally nullifies your argument. There's almost always demand in gansett and Newport even on weekdays. You think this is an improvement? Not today!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Totally agree. There was no surge in RI today for most of the day. With that said, how many surge rides have you done lately? I didn't do any surge rides on Uber all last week. So I don't feel I'm missing anything. Tomorrow will be the real test.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm with you So Cal. No matter what, Newport and or Middletown has some kind of surge in the morning. I thought my app was f***** up, when I didn't see a surge last night or this morning.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since they implemented the new surge, I have yet to see any kind of shading on the map. What you see in the top right corner, is what the surge is apparently.

And here is a screenshot of the fare .
I spoke with the Uber office today and they are unaware that we're not seeing a surge map. They added to the list of issues for new surge. Also they did not remove the multiplier. I screenshot a new surge trip and the old multiplier shows 1.7X but I was only paid at 1.45X. So this new method they didn't round up or down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
Since they implemented the new surge, I have yet to see any kind of shading on the map. What you see in the top right corner, is what the surge is apparently.

And here is a screenshot of the fare .
Just wanted to be clear this was the same trip you posted the acceptance screen earlier?

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's not what were talking about. Atleast for myself, since uber forced us to test the "new" surge, i haven't seen any surge shading while online. I've had the +$x.xx show surge, but nothing on the map.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How did they fix it? Mine still won't show surge unless I am online?
It works. I'm offline. Are you a RI and Mass driver?

That's not what were talking about. Atleast for myself, since uber forced us to test the "new" surge, i haven't seen any surge shading while online. I've had the +$x.xx show surge, but nothing on the map.
Use you 2 fingers to open enlarge the screen.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.