Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Unbelievable right! They just told me over the phone to keep excepting pings. And all the trips will be adjusted. ????. Sure rider pays base $10 and Uber will give $40 later. I'm sure the ? or newbies are buying into the bs and are out there "killing it".

They shoe change the term " Uber partner" to "Worker Ant"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
Me too. Was checking the rider app this morning while in a 4x cloud. Local trips showed base while a NYC BOUND said WE'RE BUSY. Buddy of mine was in same cloud and got a 2.7. Guess where he's going - Manhattan East Side.
So it's probably using the same demand but only counting TLC drivers as the supply for the surge algorithm, hence the ridiculous surges. Even south Jersey saw ridiculous surges because there are fewer TLCs there.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
So it's probably using the same demand but only counting TLC drivers as the supply for the surge algorithm, hence the ridiculous surges. Even south Jersey saw ridiculous surges because there are fewer TLCs there.
Apparently so. But as we all know, plenty of NYC bound pings do go to non TLC. I would have gladly taken a 3x into the city if it were 20+ miles...

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Get SurgeChaser - its $5 a month. It has been accurate for Uber X surge during this "glitch". I have been ignoring the surge on the map.. (although did chuckle I bit when I saw 5X up in northeast bergen county recently). I would gladly take a ride to NYC for 5X from up there.

It's either a horrible glitch or they are getting ready to bring dollar surge to yet another market.
It's either a horrible glitch or they are getting ready to bring dollar surge to yet another market.
I'm guessing flat rate surge is in the not too distant future..

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Get SurgeChaser - its $5 a month. It has been accurate for Uber X surge during this "glitch". I have been ignoring the surge on the map.. (although did chuckle I bit when I saw 5X up in northeast bergen county recently). I would gladly take a ride to NYC for 5X from up there.

I'm guessing flat rate surge is in the not too distant future..
So now that the fake surges appear to have gone away does anybody know what was going on?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thevlady in Mexico said " yess senior, everting ok, si,si,si. Jo go hit bottum therive" jo get munee for suhhge. "No no no senior juber pay jou". Can I aske some technical question? " okkkkkkk senior jo thrive ok...gracias for calling juber have a wounderfull day!" Click
Yes that's correct WOUNDERFULL!?

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.