Uber Drivers Forum banner

Surge got turned off downtown friday.

Tags
broke surge
1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Adbam 
#1 ·
It has said no uber available for 20 min and no surge down town. Eastside is surging and so is south. Wtf?

#5 ·
If someone programs an app that means an app can be adjusted.

Look on this site

https://uberpeople.net/threads/lax-debacle.64670/#post-884654

I can't find it anymore but a year ago someone posted an article about Travis k and the Uber crew busted out a laptop with God mode and turned the surge on to make drivers move around the city like little mice.

In my experience uber adjusts the surge 2 ways. The 1st is they make it more sensitive so it comes on faster and goes higher. The other way is they just turn it on during certain days or times when they know they are gonna make money.

Uber can't tell the future. When uber offers a good incentive they will make sure it surges so they won't have to pay out of pocket.

Last night could have been a soft ware glitch though.

I've been watching the app for almost 2 years. Uber surges at 205am on almost all Fridays and Saturdays. The rest of the city was surging at 2 to 2.6. It showed no uber available for 20 min

All the sudden at 217 am the surge instantly turns on at 2.8. Then it went down to 2.6 and 1.8 then it totally turned off again at 235 am for a few min and then went on for a few more min at 1.5.

The surge doesn't just turn on to 2.8x. It starts at 1.3 then changes at 3 min intervals to 1.5 , 1.8, 2.1, 2.8, 3.1 and so on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.