Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
rider app near white house showing 1.9 if i try to order a ride. driver app showing no surge.

wtf uber is still doing this? we have to get solid proof of surge stealing.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
check the time stamps. also waited 5-8min and the same so it isnt a 2min delay or something

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now same area 2.5 for pax and showing 1.2 for drivers. they are stealing it looks like!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Damn they stealing from both ends lol. I too have experienced this, but I thought it was just because one had expired at the same time I checked. Oh well, uber off

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn they stealing from both ends lol. I too have experienced this, but I thought it was just because one had expired at the same time I checked. Oh well, uber off
i need solid proof in a reciept, i am not in a surge area or id give myself a ride. they are stealing it looks like.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The subway is out downtown, so a surge is not surprising. Faux figures are not surprising, either.
i stared at the app for 30min not once did any area in the driver app surge past 1.3 near the white house. but showed as high as 2.5 in rider app when trying to order a uber.

·
Registered
759 Posts
All this can be remedied by just paying the drivers a decent fare. $3 pick up $1.75 a mile and no surge. I'll drive all day long and the people would appreciate no surge. More consistent fare, drivers won't go into hiding mode.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All this can be remedied by just paying the drivers a decent fare. $3 pick up $1.75 a mile and no surge. I'll drive all day long and the people would appreciate no surge. More consistent fare, drivers won't go into hiding mode.
this is true, but if uber's plan was to steal all or part of the surge. they want to keep fares low as they can to fleece the drivers out of it and surge a little more.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
that would be really unbelievable -- if UBER used different surges for PAX (higher) than for riders (lower) and basically kept the different. That would be really unbelievable !!

This morning was absolutely crazy. Had to come to work at real job but felt that I could have easily worked for hours more...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that would be really unbelievable -- if UBER used different surges for PAX (higher) than for riders (lower) and basically kept the different. That would be really unbelievable !!

This morning was absolutely crazy. Had to come to work at real job but felt that I could have easily worked for hours more...
yeah looks like they are doing that, sometime driver gets no surge , or sometimes he gets a little surge. pax app is showing 1.9 - 2.5

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
There is a lapse between the apps. I find the pax app more accurate. Whenever it shows a surge there and I get a ping it is accurate. While I agree uber would do most anything , this is just both apps not being in sync in my opinion. Lots of surge this morning with the metro out. Of course, uber sends their text out after the rush hour to tell us about it. Uber on top of things again....they are so bad with timing it's hilarious

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have a newbie question -- in "earnings report" on the partner app, how can I tell if the pricing was a surge pricing...? I thought I accepted rides in surge this morning but I can't tell for sure whether they were for surge rates or not....very sorry for the newbie question..

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It was funny that UBER's text warning of high demand came out so late. But still, you would have had to live on Mars not to realize that pax would be everywhere this morning with the metro out......traffic was a bear too and a real problem. I would bet some pax didn't get rides this morning, there would have been just too many of them.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have a newbie question -- in "earnings report" on the partner app, how can I tell if the pricing was a surge pricing...? I thought I accepted rides in surge this morning but I can't tell for sure whether they were for surge rates or not....very sorry for the newbie question..
on the website see image. The 2nd one is a surge, click blue arrow to see surge rate. I am not sure about the app itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
There is a lapse between the apps. I find the pax app more accurate. Whenever it shows a surge there and I get a ping it is accurate. While I agree uber would do most anything , this is just both apps not being in sync in my opinion. Lots of surge this morning with the metro out. Of course, uber sends their text out after the rush hour to tell us about it. Uber on top of things again....they are so bad with timing it's hilarious
Uber man youtube posted videos saying his forum members have compared phone charges with pax showing difference. It was discovered when pax complained of surge charge & driver said his showed no surge charge and so they compared phones at the end of the trip.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well one cant explain , why one area never went past 1.3 surge for 30 plus min on rider , and pax app showed as high as 2.5 in that same area. if there was a delay it would show at some point. the second thing is on friday night i did in fact get pings showing no surge in surged area.s when i looked at rider app.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There is glitch in driver app ))I had that too therefore try to log in and out as fast as possible the app will get fixed or update your app ))pax app always shows the 100% accurate about surging ))))

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is glitch in driver app ))I had that too therefore try to log in and out as fast as possible the app will get fixed or update your app ))pax app always shows the 100% accurate about surging ))))
its no glitch. signed on and off many times. surge never went past 1.3 in that white house area on driver app , and adams morgan you see was at 1.9 but no surge for driver. think about it when was the last time you even got a ping. 2.5 . when have you ever gotten a no surge ping and were paid out as a surge? i will have my receipt proof this weekend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts