Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Welcome back pissy pax who hate surge and 1 star because of it. Actually I think this surge reflects those of us who did the guarantee or chased it taking the day off today. Uber needs more drivers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If they so desire to keep the rate at .90cpm even though they know they should raise it back up and maybe even a lil higher (1.20dpm) to bring service levels back up and keep surges down, add in miles travelled for arrival! Which could be contingent upon trip completion. So the driver loses out if the driver cancels the trip. The pax pays $$ for miles travelled if cancelled when the driver is halfway there (in miles or time or a combo of both)

something like that.lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they so desire to keep the rate at .90cpm even though they know they should raise it back up and maybe even a lil higher (1.20dpm) to bring service levels back up and keep surges down, add in miles travelled for arrival! Which could be contingent upon trip completion. So the driver loses out if the driver cancels the trip. The pax pays $$ for miles travelled if cancelled when the driver is halfway there (in miles or time or a combo of both)

something like that.lol
We could raise rates to $2.20 still have the demand in the summer we would all be happy Uber seems to forget were putting 3000-5000 miles a month on our cars and paying for gas

·
Registered
18 Posts
We could raise rates to $2.20 still have the demand in the summer we would all be happy Uber seems to forget were putting 3000-5000 miles a month on our cars and paying for gas
If Uber would just let the Free Market dictate the price we would all be happy. People will pay the same as taxi or more for the better service. But with the bottom feeders willing to work for chump change I cannot comment on whether current Uber service is as good as it once was.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Welcome back pissy pax who hate surge and 1 star because of it. Actually I think this surge reflects those of us who did the guarantee or chased it taking the day off today. Uber needs more drivers.
Out of nowhere my rate went from 4.91 to 4.89 after 8 people this weekend decided that without red carpets and champagne 5* is not good enough. This rating system is crap. Unlike Lyft, if you rate below 5, thet want to know what went wrong. I look back at fares and change those that I think that after taking them from point A to point B thought that they deserved more. I think most came from cheap ass X riders, totally different breed of rider. Here's the shocker, Uber don't care

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
N
Out of nowhere my rate went from 4.91 to 4.89 after 8 people this weekend decided that without red carpets and champagne 5* is not good enough. This rating system is crap. Unlike Lyft, if you rate below 5, thet want to know what went wrong. I look back at fares and change those that I think that after taking them from point A to point B thought that they deserved more. I think most came from cheap ass X riders, totally different breed of rider. Here's the shocker, Uber don't care
Never did care about stupid ratings no $$ or incentive to keep them high!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
If Uber would just let the Free Market dictate the price we would all be happy. People will pay the same as taxi or more for the better service. But with the bottom feeders willing to work for chump change I cannot comment on whether current Uber service is as good as it once was.
I think uber knows that their service is inferior to a cab already waiting, and are pricing more like a shuttle or a bus. They are not stupid. Their volume must have been too low at the higher price. The free market already decided.

You may think uber service is superior, but For many of us over 50 it is humiliating to get into a personal car. It makes one feel poor and extremely cheap. Cabs are cool and sort macho....a man of the world years ago sort of thing.

You guys like this wold of wage slavery you have created. You humiate yourselves and others cheapening everything down to the penny with you cool apps. You forget that Vegas was built on generous customers that like to blow and risk big money and don't want to because of a few pennies humiliate themselves getting into some strangers personal car and/or wait for it to arrive. A man of the world wants action, not delay. A peon waits. A man moves.

I see the cheap people waiting at the "ride sharing" area. All I can see is small and cheap. There is not a man of the world there staring at his smart phone waiting. Superior?! Depends who is using it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think uber knows that their service is inferior to a cab already waiting, and are pricing more like a shuttle or a bus. They are not stupid. Their volume must have been too low at the higher price. The free market already decided.

You may think uber service is superior, but For many of us over 50 it is humiliating to get into a personal car. It makes one feel poor and extremely cheap. Cabs are cool and sort macho....a man of the world years ago sort of thing.

You guys like this wold of wage slavery you have created. You humiate yourselves and others cheapening everything down to the penny with you cool apps. You forget that Vegas was built on generous customers that like to blow and risk big money and don't want to because of a few pennies humiliate themselves getting into some strangers personal car and/or wait for it to arrive. A man of the world wants action, not delay. A peon waits. A man moves.

I see the cheap people waiting at the "ride sharing" area. All I can see is small and cheap. There is not a man of the world there staring at his smart phone waiting. Superior?! Depends who is using it.
:eek::rolleyes:o_O o_Oo_Oo_O

So out of touch with reality. I wonder what those people are doing waiting in a taxi line in the hot ass sun for often times over an hour. Psychosis is setting in brah.. and if you think all of those people waiting are cheap you better think again.

Many of them have no problem paying taxi rates for an uber car. Many of them being over 40. $16+tip in a select car instead of a grossly overcalcuated and loaded with fees $35 fare in taxi to the airport was worth every penny to a nice older couple this morning, and they did no waiting outside... they waited for my arrival in the airconn'd lobby and stepped right into my limo tinted car.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
:eek::rolleyes:o_O o_Oo_Oo_O

So out of touch with reality. I wonder what those people are doing waiting in a taxi line in the hot ass sun for often times over an hour. Psychosis is setting in brah.. and if you think all of those people waiting are cheap you better think again.

Many of them have no problem paying taxi rates for an uber car. Many of them being over 40. $16+tip in a select car instead of a grossly overcalcuated and loaded with fees $35 fare in taxi to the airport was worth every penny to a nice older couple this morning, and they did no waiting outside... they waited for my arrival in the airconn'd lobby and stepped right into my limo tinted car.
You speak for the entire population coming into Vegas needing transportation. Why are so many cabs still being loaded under the nose of mighty uber.

You are out of touch thinking that everybody agrees with you on the planet. You are a wussy conformist slave brah. It is so important that you out me because I don't agree with you with "brah"
and out of touch comments.

I have thought again stooge....cabs are being loaded as we speak. Some agree with you and some agree with me. That's reality little fool.

When the Europeans hear how little you guys and us as well are making they shake their heads in shame. You are small and cheap, and naturally enjoy rag tag services. Not every body agrees with your small mind which is why many cabs are being loaded in spite of the fact that mighty uber is here in town.

You need glasses. Plenty of people are loading into cabs as we speak. That's reality brah....even in your fd up slavery world you love so much. See you master...

·
Registered
185 Posts
You speak for the entire population coming into Vegas needing transportation. Why are so many cabs still being loaded under the nose of mighty uber.

You are out of touch thinking that everybody agrees with you on the planet. You are a wussy conformist slave brah. It is so important that you out me because I don't agree with you with "brah"
and out of touch comments.

I have thought again stooge....cabs are being loaded as we speak. Some agree with you and some agree with me. That's reality little fool.

When the Europeans hear how little you guys and us as well are making they shake their heads in shame. You are small and cheap, and naturally enjoy rag tag services. Not every body agrees with your small mind which is why many cabs are being loaded in spite of the fact that mighty uber is here in town.

You need glasses. Plenty of people are loading into cabs as we speak. That's reality brah....even in your fd up slavery world you love so much. See you master...
Cab market share is getting smaller by the day so people are still loading in cabs but it's less and less by the minute. What you probably know but don't care to point out is the fact that there are tons of people that don't know what uber is when they find out... they switch and never take a cab again

It's not even been a year and 20% has been sliced away. Still no one with any sense would say or think most taxis are going to be immediately be decommissioned because of TNC/rideshare, you saying that is just you fearing the inevitable future today.

Which is the same reason why you're here on an Uber Forum keeping an eye on what we talk about and what's going on...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cab market share is getting smaller by the day so people are still loading in cabs but it's less and less by the minute. What you probably know but don't care to point out is the fact that there are tons of people that don't know what uber is when they find out... they switch and never take a cab again

It's not even been a year and 20% has been sliced away. Still no one with any sense would say or think most taxis are going to be immediately be decommissioned because of TNC/rideshare, you saying that is just you fearing the inevitable future today.

Which is the same reason why you're here on an Uber Forum keeping an eye on what we talk about and what's going on...
Lol... What I like is when they go from cab to Uber to Lyft.... Life is calm, cool, and collective

·
Registered
469 Posts

Man of the world? You have been watching Casablanca on heavy meds a few too many times. I get a chance to regularly travel to various Asia destinations such as Hong Kong, Taipei , Bangkok, etc. Usually a few times a year. Also have spent considerable time in Central America. What do all these places have in common?They have using versions of ride share before Uber existed. Asia in general has been one of the earliest adopters of Uber. I used Uber in Hong Kong and Bangkok long before it was legal in many US cities. And private cars in many world cities. Taxi drivers have a global reputation as cheaters and dirtbags. Quite in line with their US reputation. As a guy in his 40s, I can easily say this. You are not a man of the world getting into a cab. Just a poor soul lost in a time warp. A sad sight in any world city.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts