Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed a cap on Surge this afternoon? Is Uber already capping it at 1.8X because of all the winds and floods we've experienced here today, or have we reached a record high for drivers? Seems to be way too consistent for it not to be capped.

I was really hoping for some good surges this weekend with all the events, but man, if we are capped out at 1.8X, that'll be a huge blow.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I was just going to post this! It is capped at 1.8! Total nonsense. Perfect weather. Imagine having to take drunks around when it is capped at 1.8! No thanks! So state of emergency declared but I'm pretty sure the cap was at 2.9 last time state of emergency?

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We would be taking two cuts at once if this holds true. haha that and its even harder to imagine 1.8x cap on football games in sunny clear skies.

I guess we are in Floridas market now?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
So funny. Uber should be reducing its cut from minimum rides and it should reduce its cut in a state of emergency. Why would you reduce driver pay in a state of emergency? Total nonsense.

Make it a constant 1.8 and it almost makes sense but not at 2am?

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I tell you. We have a rough next couple of days ahead!! Why not Cap it at 1.2x?

From NWS:

"Overnight
Clear, with a low around 54. Calm wind.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 78. Light north wind becoming northeast 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 56. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Northeast wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Northeast wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
Monday
Showers likely after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible."

·
Registered
997 Posts
Well I tell you. We have a rough next couple of days ahead!! Why not Cap it at 1.2x?

From NWS:

"Overnight
Clear, with a low around 54. Calm wind.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 78. Light north wind becoming northeast 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 56. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Northeast wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. Northeast wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
Monday
Showers likely after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible."
Stop your scaring me ! I just know that state of emergency (75 and sunny ) will be hitting us this weekend too.

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
They are not getting rides from me. I've been sitting home since 12:30 and I'm going too sleep, no drunk shuttle for me tonight.
By the way, looks like lyft is going higher at 150% prime time so hopefully the ants will switch over.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hate this company Would have been a great weekend if they did not pull this cap crap
There were a lot of cases where I could smell the 4.0x surges. It was way too early for a cap and even if we get some remnants of the storm, It's no different then an ordinary rainy day. Like where was the cap during the tornado scare last Friday? I hate to break it, but that was far more dangerous then what we have ahead.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.