Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol soon as I post it Surge came up I am Prudental its 1.4x

It started at 1.2 that means it should cap out at 2.4

Prudential 1.5

Have to get at least 2.0x

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Well just checked my driver app. Looks like EWR is glowing blood red again at 2-3x. Anyone down there confirm this or is this more fake surge by uber to draw us down there..?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I got a 2.7x from Terminal C to Riverside Square Mall in Hackensack this morning after a drop off at Terminal A. Not too many cars on the ramps which was nice. People are trying to fly today since tomorrow it's all cancelled, so...

it's real. I got 4 back to back surge ride tonight at EWR and 2 surge rides with Lyft.
Yeah, come to think of it I've had 2 or 3 nice Primetime trips from there too the last few days.

Sitting here for 72 mins lol

With the ants as you guys call them
Sitting for 72 minutes qualifies you as a camper ant. That's a bad habit to get into. Go to Bayonne, or Summit. You'll have a better chance at getting a surge ride.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Was there last night when it was glowing red hot. Even got a text saying that there was only 1 car waiting at EWR as I was inside the airport property. Not a single nibble, then the surge burst and back to normal rates before destination filter turned on and caught a ride headed home. Surge for the lucky for sure.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm convinced that many times surges are U/L playing mind games with the drivers. At best, it's their attempt to move drivers around to their liking. I learned early on to NEVER chase a surge.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.