Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
12,581 Posts
Lyft has been surging at the airport all day. However we are on the opposite end. We are surgeon north of the terminal;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it's up to date. When I clicked it, it went to the play store>my apss>update. Once there, it said I was up to date. When I clicked on the driver app it opened rather than updated. Don't know why it was there, but it was gone this morning.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Map Product Font Line Rectangle

Curious if anyone is actually getting surge rides there or if it's just a glitch

Product Font Map Rectangle Slope Product Font Screenshot Rectangle Number

by the looks of this does anybody think there is a cap on surge at DIA?? Very interesting to say the least unless it's a glitch. sure would be nice to somehow get people educated on surge and then rides out would be $$$

·
Registered
991 Posts
View attachment 99810 Curious if anyone is actually getting surge rides there or if it's just a glitch

View attachment 99812 View attachment 99811

by the looks of this does anybody think there is a cap on surge at DIA?? Very interesting to say the least unless it's a glitch. sure would be nice to somehow get people educated on surge and then rides out would be $$$
This seems to be the second night that it's happened. I wonder if Ubers algorithm is going ape shit trying to separate all the drivers sitting in the FIFO lot.
Here is a shot in the dark, since the geofence is placed exactly over the fifo lot then if Ubers Algorithm is set to auto Displace drivers (Fake Surges) then the most likely area might be there or Tower even.
Did anyone catch a surge ride in these areas lastnight? Or the night before?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I saw something similar happen about a week ago and another time before that (pre Mt Elbert Lot). The surge wrapped around the SE corner of the Rocky Mtn. Arsenal, but faded out before it reached DIA. It included a lot of the vacant land around there. As you know, I think most surges are scams, or possibly glitches.

Does anyone know why the DIA icon is sometimes a large black circle, like a special event, and clickable to see the number of drivers in the queue? Other times, it's just the little blue circle with a white plane in it, and not clickable.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Does anyone know why the DIA icon is sometimes a large black circle, like a special event, and clickable to see the number of drivers in the queue? Other times, it's just the little blue circle with a white plane in it, and not clickable.
I expect it's just a random glitch. I don't always see the clickable pin/queue count either. Sometimes after a dropoff, it takes killing the app and firing it back up for it to pop. The driver app has plenty of other issues, not surprising their code handling this stuff is sketchy as well.

·
12,581 Posts
I saw something similar happen about a week ago and another time before that (pre Mt Elbert Lot). The surge wrapped around the SE corner of the Rocky Mtn. Arsenal, but faded out before it reached DIA. It included a lot of the vacant land around there. As you know, I think most surges are scams, or possibly glitches.

I think it's black and clickable when you're online and the information has synced, providing the information such as the Q number. The blue airplane would be prior to going online and the information hasn't synced. therefore not 'clickable" because it has no information to give.
This seems to be the second night that it's happened. I wonder if Ubers algorithm is going ape shit trying to separate all the drivers sitting in the FIFO lot.
Here is a shot in the dark, since the geofence is placed exactly over the fifo lot then if Ubers Algorithm is set to auto Displace drivers (Fake Surges) then the most likely area might be there or Tower even.
Did anyone catch a surge ride in these areas lastnight? Or the night before?
I'm almost wondering if it's because there are more businesses, and shuttle lots, right by us now. I got a Lyft ride one time , literally from the terminal to that exit:mad: I know distant wise, it's not that much further but literally we had no one around us before. every driver in that area, is in the queue. So any one trying to get a ride from a lot or a business, is going to have a hard time finding a driver that's not in the queue, to take the request . . . IDK maybe?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I think it's black and clickable when you're online and the information has synced, providing the information such as the Q number. The blue airplane would be prior to going online and the information hasn't synced. therefore not 'clickable" because it has no information to give.

I'm almost wondering if it's because there are more businesses, and shuttle lots, right by us now. I got a Lyft ride one time , literally from the terminal to that exit:mad: I know distant wise, it's not that much further but literally we had no one around us before. every driver in that area, is in the queue. So any one trying to get a ride from a lot or a business, is going to have a hard time finding a driver that's not in the queue, to take the request . . . This is totally possible. Never thought that side of it. Always thinking uber is out to get us lol

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Map World Rectangle Font Screenshot

There it is again. Could this be drivers using their pax app to try and create a surge? I feel it most likely has to do with updates to the app and the geofence with the new lot, uber always seems to need to work out some bugs after they change anything.

·
12,581 Posts
Lyft said there was a glitch and they were turning it over to IT right away LOL

Does anyone know, while in the lot can you only get requests from passengers at the terminal and the Westin? Or anywhere on Airport grounds?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Lyft said there was a glitch and they were turning it over to IT right away LOL

Does anyone know, while in the lot can you only get requests from passengers at the terminal and the Westin? Or anywhere on Airport grounds?
I've heard of folks getting pings from car rental lots? I know I got one from the Fox rental place down the road once from the old lot a couple months ago.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.