Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It was a cool app on Apple soon to be released on Android that allowed you to enter 10 locations it would monitor real time surges even at areas where Uber does not reveal surges to drivers, many drivers are using this app guess Uber does not like that. It helps drivers like myself who only accept surge rides. You could look back 5 hours and see a Surge Chart was nice for trying to predict surges in remote neighborhoods.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
When Uber first introduced an API that 3rd parties could use I seriously considered creating an app like this. Then I read their terms and conditions which expressly prohibited such usage. I decided it wasn't worth the considerable time and effort involved to create it only to have Uber shut down my access. This guy is acting surprised that Uber is shutting him off, he shouldn't be. He should have known this would happen.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I use the app and appreciate the intel that it provides. However, the owner of the app was getting about $5 per month from every user that wanted the full function of the app, so it should not have come as a surprise the Goober was eventually going to want something in return, especially if the developers agreement was as intense as ftimmy says it was. I will miss it, but I still know how to work the pax app to see the surges.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts