Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated my account information today, and fell into a black hole. Support immediately thought there was a security breach, even though I was using my listed phone number , was working, used the proper password, and was merely updating a card I have used for three years. Eight hours later, they are still not going to pay unless I continue to work off the clock to solve a problem created by their faulty security system, and a support department that doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the ground.
It's not the first time I had to wrestle with support off the clock just to get paid, and it occurred to me that most drivers are having to do the same thing, work off the clock to get paid, because support is the weak link at Uber, and costs drivers so much time and energy, that it is a primary contributor to their continuing red streak.No one should be allowed to work in support with less than a thousand trips under their belt.It's like they're not even from the same planet

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Maybe they are cracking down on scammers who have been cashing out driver's earnings by changing cards. If anything all your money will be deposited in your bank account. If there's a nearby hub you can visit, that would help clear things up too. It's better to talk to a human than a robot.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I updated my account information today, and fell into a black hole. Support immediately thought there was a security breach, even though I was using my listed phone number l, was working, used the proper password, and was merely updating a card I have used for three years. Eight hours later, they are still not going to pay unless I continue to work off the clock to solve a problem created by their faulty security system, and a support department that doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the ground.
It's not the first time I had to wrestle with support off the clock just to get paid, and it occurred to me that most drivers are having to do the same thing, work off the clock to get paid, because support is the weak link at Uber, and costs drivers so much time and energy, that it is a primary contributor to their continuing red streak.No one should be allowed to work in support with less than a thousand trips under their belt.It's like they're not even from the same planet
You're an independent contractor, not an employee. Plus you're not paid hourly. Therefore there is no "clock".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wrong. They can't demand you work off the clock to get paid because they screw up, employee or contractor.They just cut off my account because I wouldn't correct their error on my time

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Then you'll agree that most labor laws dont apply to independent contractors. You're a small business owner, and the boss of that company. But everyone will agree with you that support sucks.
Uber regularly places drivers in the position of needing to use off app time to get properly compensated, particularly when it is the company's error.vIn this case I spent eight hours chasing my tail, now fourteen hours, because their security protocol registered my updates as a phishing attack, They told me if I didn't keep working to solve the problem they created, without compensation, I would not be paid, and I haven't. If a company's policies regularly require uncompensated work to be paid for wages already earned, or loss of employment, under duress in other words, that is an illegal labor practice. The last time I had a problem with support of this nature, after a dozen attempts to rationally resolve the problem, I threatened to file a fraud complaint for refusing to pay me for work done, they paid me. But you can't get in the habit of threatening the company you work for with labor complaints. You get a reputation as a troublemaker, and it's just easier to get a different job.

And so I have

Support is the Donald Trump of rideshare, only pays contractors what
They are forced to pay

·
Premium Member
7,556 Posts
The only way to get "some level" of support is to go to a GLH.

Dealing with an AI bot or some call center located 5,000 miles away under a coconut tree is a waste of time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts