Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive noticed that this month the number of ride requests have dropped substantially ... and i mean crazy less,
i could normally make 400 ish in under 20 hours and get constant ,0 , 5 , 10, sometimes up to 15 but not often, min between at most when i chose to drive... now i can sit in my house or drive home from my other jobs and not get a request for an hour! i even get the do you want to stay online text now... never even saw that for the first 2 months april may,,, now its dead,,,, is it because school is out ? or too many drivers? though there can be only one other driver in the same plazza we will both seem to wait a long ass time now

this is for fort myers , naples bonita area ideally but any advice is helpful..

·
Registered
464 Posts
You live in Fort Myers/Naples, and are surprised that it gets dead in the summertime? You make your money on snowbirds, not local residents.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been complaining about it to Uber for a few weeks. They keep advertising for drivers, yet the the need has dropped significantly. Whenever I get on the app, there's always 8 drivers that show up, no matter what time it is. During season I could get 3 or 4 rides per hour. Now I'm lucky to get 1. And with this goes the surge, it is nonexistent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been complaining about it to Uber for a few weeks. They keep advertising for drivers, yet the the need has dropped significantly. Whenever I get on the app, there's always 8 drivers that show up, no matter what time it is. During season I could get 3 or 4 rides per hour. Now I'm lucky to get 1. And with this goes the surge, it is nonexistent.
OK, now I'm new and I'm older, so please be patient with my questions. How can you tell other drivers are on? And I don't understand the ping. It pings and often goes away in 5-10 seconds before I can react. I have only actually driven once and it was a very nice young man. He said he thought you can cancel within five minutes of requesting a ride, so is that why the pings went away or is there more to it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts