Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I started driving last night at 7 p.m. Downtown since I had the guarantee. By 8:30 I had four trips and was at Lawrence & Pulaski. Since I only planned to drive until midnight I thought I'd avoid the 'narly' areas on my home to NWI, so I took a leisurely drive to Harlem Avenue, thinking I'd get a couple trips...NOT ONE until I got to Diversey & Harlem. Took care of that one and thought I'd kill the rest of the evening driving south on Harlem as far as I could go. Between 10 p.m and 11:30 p.m I turned into a shuttle between employees of the North Riverside Mall stores and their homes...Kohl's to Berwyn, Famouse Dave's to Cicero, Petco to Berwyn, Home Depot to Oak Park....left Oak Park at 11:45 p.m with 10 trips then put on my Lyft destination filter to my home..got a ping from someone 17 minutes away, but he cancelled...

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
So I developed a new but risky strategy to pad these guarantees. Before 6 most rides by me are airport runs worth $25-40. So I log on around 545 am grab one of those and drop them off around 630-700. While the ride doesn't count towards the rides per hour, neither do the earnings. So I can add $6-10 an hour to the 6-10 am guarantee by accepting a ride before 6 and only work an extra 10 minutes or less. Spending that much time on one ride does make it harder to hit the guarantee, but at least you have one good ride.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yea if you take a airport ride from downtown after 6am you most likley might miss your guarantee

I haven't come across that yet but I may have to decline

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Yea if you take a airport ride from downtown after 6am you most likley might miss your guarantee

I haven't come across that yet but I may have to decline
I start in Lisle so they're usually from Naperville before 88 and 294 get bad. ORD is about 25 miles so it's very profitable in good traffic when I can do it in 30-40 minutes. No I could do that and hit the guarantee if I had to deal with the Kenndedy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The morning rush hour surge has been non-existent. It's just that time of the year. Summer is less surge. Things will pick up after Labor Day (1st week of Sept).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts