Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber is in town (Charlotte) for two days of super secret meetings at a hotel. My uber friend got an email asking if he'd beta test a new app feature. They didn't tell him what the change is. I WANNA GO SO BAD! I know the location so I may try to crash.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
OH BABY!!! I just got the email!!
Everybody make sure you are sitting down:

Hi CityGirl,

Thanks for volunteering to test a new feature in the Uber Partner app! 

Starting today, you'll have the option to try setting your own destination-a simple way to limit requests so you only get trips going your way. Instead of going offline when you're ready to end your day, now you can try entering an address so you can earn that last fare on a trip that's along a similar route toward home. 

Here's how it works:

1. Tap the clipboard icon in the top-right corner. You'll notice that this menu now appears even when you're not on a trip.

2. Tap Set a destination and enter the address for where you're heading.

3. Start driving toward your destination - Uber will automatically start looking only for trips that match your route.

Keep in mind that you'll receive fewer requests once you've set a destination. That's because the app won't send you requests unless a trip will be along your route. If at any time you decide you want to go back to receiving all trip requests like normal, just tap the orange banner and use the "x" next to your destination to remove your destination.

That's it! We hope you get the chance to try it out over the next few days. We'll be in touch next week with a survey to learn about your experience and gather feedback so we can continue working to improve this feature. In the meantime, thanks again for giving it a try.

Happy driving,

The Uber Team

·
Registered
966 Posts
Finally... I posted a thread about this just last week.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
What happens when the passenger you pick up is wanting to go in the opposite direction? Considering that maybe 50% of passengers put in their destination, this sounds like another bullshit idea that only serves Uber and takes advantage of their drivers. If it's based on passengers that fill out their destination then it could be a good thing. After being screwed over by Uber countless times in the past, I remain very skeptical.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Stay positive shark! They will follow this up with a press release about being a greener company or something...

For me, if it works this is a complete game changer and could kill hundreds of dead miles a month.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
What happens when the passenger you pick up is wanting to go in the opposite direction? Considering that maybe 50% of passengers put in their destination, this sounds like another bullshit idea that only serves Uber and takes advantage of their drivers. If it's based on passengers that fill out their destination then it could be a good thing. After being screwed over by Uber countless times in the past, I remain very skeptical.
As you should... but Uber is doing this for their own advantage (despite it also benefiting the driver) so they want to get this right. Uber collects data about the driver even when the driver is offline, so they know how much time and how many miles drivers spend offline going home. Uber is trying to profit off those miles. This is one of the rare instances where Uber's sick and twisted greed for profit is a win/win for both Uber and drivers.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Destinations would be a game changer. I had an appointment at 730 am in downtown Chicago. Would've been nice to give someone a ride downtown at that time. Even at 90 cents a mile it would be profitable as I was already making that trip. And going home.. I hardly ever get any rides my way, so it would be nice to grab someone on a way home. Sometimes I have couple hours to kill while in downtown, so short rides would be perfect while waiting for my appointments.

Uber... Don't **** it up!!!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Destinations would be a game changer. I had an appointment at 730 am in downtown Chicago. Would've been nice to give someone a ride downtown at that time. Even at 90 cents a mile it would be profitable as I was already making that trip. And going home.. I hardly ever get any rides my way, so it would be nice to grab someone on a way home. Sometimes I have couple hours to kill while in downtown, so short rides would be perfect while waiting for my appointments.

Uber... Don't **** it up!!!
That's what I'm talking about. In CO our market is very spread out. With Denver in the center FoCo, Boulder and the Springs are all about an hour away. Some of us commute from these areas to work Denver. A trip back home would be a huge advantage.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Oh this will be great. What it be another large bar across the screen showing our destination, further reducing screen realestate to 30% LOL Top bar: destination goal, center: tiny part of your map, bottom: last trip bar. hahahaha.......

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
OH BABY!!! I just got the email!!
Everybody make sure you are sitting down:

Hi CityGirl,

Thanks for volunteering to test a new feature in the Uber Partner app! 

Starting today, you'll have the option to try setting your own destination-a simple way to limit requests so you only get trips going your way. Instead of going offline when you're ready to end your day, now you can try entering an address so you can earn that last fare on a trip that's along a similar route toward home. 

Here's how it works:

1. Tap the clipboard icon in the top-right corner. You'll notice that this menu now appears even when you're not on a trip.

2. Tap Set a destination and enter the address for where you're heading.

3. Start driving toward your destination - Uber will automatically start looking only for trips that match your route.

Keep in mind that you'll receive fewer requests once you've set a destination. That's because the app won't send you requests unless a trip will be along your route. If at any time you decide you want to go back to receiving all trip requests like normal, just tap the orange banner and use the "x" next to your destination to remove your destination.

That's it! We hope you get the chance to try it out over the next few days. We'll be in touch next week with a survey to learn about your experience and gather feedback so we can continue working to improve this feature. In the meantime, thanks again for giving it a try.

Happy driving,

The Uber Team
Great news, that is the start of being able to cut down on cancellations and loss leader rides.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Jam, do you really think begging Uber for something will have any effect. The reality of Uber is they are a scumbag company who uses people and could give a shit about the drivers.
Comes from a former driver who drove a Chevy Volt for 1 freaking week in NJ and made minimum wage salary.

god. have to love these trolls.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts