Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like an idiot, drove to Flemington, about an hour after the last race, thought there will be a late surge for sure even though it was a Sara Special event !!!!
Drove straight past the Uber Zone, where there was over 100 people waiting for a cheap ride.
Waited 15 mins, no surge. Of course there should be.
So I thought I could just go there and get a fare at least, as I have driven all this way.
But DUCK THAT !!! If these UBER idiots want to play there stupid games, let them look like duckwits as people wait over 30 mins for a ride.
So much for fast reliable service !!!!
People just want to get out of there and go party or go home, and will be happy to pay a surge.
Uber Co. really has no idea about what people want from there service.
Drove straight out as I wasn't going to be a stooge.
Was just hoping is started raining so the punters that they hearded to there Uber Zone got drenched !!!!! Hahaha

·
Registered
960 Posts
Uber is a basket case now, bunch of fu cking idi$&@ running the show.

They really don't know what pax wanted.

Got same pings again and again 4 or 5 times. Good news is no one is accepting the pings at base but Sara is not allowing the surge to kick in.

At this rate pax will start moving away as they can't get a ride

·
Banned
1,084 Posts
It's 830 and there are still 6 ants either inside the course or at the back gate. I was walking my dog in the park across the river from Flemington before the last race, went online for 20 minutes just to check how it was, not one ping. Must've been so many ants in close.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
like an idiot, drove to Flemington, about an hour after the last race, thought there will be a late surge for sure even though it was a Sara Special event !!!!
Drove straight past the Uber Zone, where there was over 100 people waiting for a cheap ride.
Waited 15 mins, no surge. Of course there should be.
So I thought I could just go there and get a fare at least, as I have driven all this way.
But DUCK THAT !!! If these UBER idiots want to play there stupid games, let them look like duckwits as people wait over 30 mins for a ride.
So much for fast reliable service !!!!
People just want to get out of there and go party or go home, and will be happy to pay a surge.
Uber Co. really has no idea about what people want from there service.
Drove straight out as I wasn't going to be a stooge.
Was just hoping is started raining so the punters that they hearded to there Uber Zone got drenched !!!!! Hahaha
Well you are learning... Is Sarah says to go somewhere... YOU DO NOT DO IT

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure the punters waiting 20-30 mins for a ride we're really impressed after a long day.
What about the massive banner on the screen telling drivers to go to a "high demand area" at Flemington !!!! These duckheads really have lost it.

Whoever is running the show here in Mel, should stand in front of a mirror and punch the Duck out of his own head till he snaps out of it.
I'm even telling riders now about how bad it is, when they ask me about driving and that they were thinking of doing it.
They seem so surprised when I tell them what there hourly rate will be and how they will be treated by Uber.
They all think Uber is a company that cares about their drivers and pay well..... hahahahaha

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well you are learning... Is Sarah says to go somewhere... YOU DO NOT DO IT
Mate I know this already, and never go to Sara Special events...... but I had a lapse of judgement, and thought it would surge after the initial wave of people had left..... was really satisfying driving out though looking at that massive line !!! Made my day.

·
Registered
88 Posts
As a do not break rule NEVER go to events that uber have a pick-up point. Surge wil NEVER happen as they geofence the area to make sure the poor helpless mugs do not pay a reasonable rate for our expertise. I can proudly say I never make an effort to go to any of them. And neither should you

·
Banned
2,547 Posts
As a do not break rule NEVER go to events that uber have a pick-up point. Surge wil NEVER happen as they geofence the area to make sure the poor helpless mugs do not pay a reasonable rate for our expertise. I can proudly say I never make an effort to go to any of them. And neither should you
3 guarantees in life...
Death..
Taxes..
Uber zone= No surge

·
Registered
256 Posts
3 guarantees in life...
Death..
Taxes..
Uber zone= No surge
It's seemed they geofenced the whole Melbourne area yesterday. Was at chapel st after midnight and people were actually bumping into each other and to the cars driving by. Ping after ping for 30 mins whenever I switched on the app but no surge at all.

I left the area without a ride.

Also, off topic but my cancellation rate doubled overnight although I hadn't driven for the last 6 days. Two messages back and forth claiming manual manipulation and wrongdoing and it's back to zero.

Not sure what happened but keep an eye on the stats everyone.

·
Banned
2,547 Posts
Lol my cancel rate was 89 now 70 lol
A cancel rate of 89%, that's impressive.
I use the 168 hour life cycle of acceptance/cancellation rates, to good advantage. This is one thing drivers can manipulate, to continue cancelling, and chill for a bit. Seems you don't need to chill ,at all, Joffie,... if you dick 9 out or 10 accepted jobs. Quite impressive.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts