Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I was the first to get that nasty arse bug this past winter that lasted two freaking months. Damn ORD runs.
NOW again. Seems to be a light little 24-72hour virus.

Now I heard 'bout Leroy and the Lysol. And frankly I'm way too lazy to wipe chit down after every ride. I'm posting up---I'm the ride share canary. And my inner Lizard (lizzy) is having a bad day.

I remember exactly the 5-6 ORD running with paxheads sniffling---didn't think a damn thing about it at the time. Felt good on my long ass warrior runs.

So, point is.....

Do you drive when you are coughing and hacking and under the weather? If so, why? And most importantly how? How do you hide it?

I have lied in the past--open bold faced lie---Oh don't worry--its just allergies.

A special appeal to the 2 women drivers (who have raised children)
Can anything be done?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hope you get better soon----summer colds are tough to get rid of.

It's a wonder we aren't constantly sick given the poor personal hygiene habits of some of the riders we get. I had a guy on Saturday night that kept on sneezing without ever covering his mouth. I actually felt the droplets from his sneeze hit the back of my neck. I asked him to please cover his mouth when sneezing----he didn't even acknowledge me. I asked him once more after he sneezed again. A few seconds later, right after I got another spit shower, I pulled over, terminated the ride and asked him to get out. He slammed the door on the way out----please open mouth sir and swallow the 1-star cookie a-hole.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
I’ve driven sick around Christmas because I needed the money

That being said 1997-2012 I was almost always sick because I was in the classroom and parents send their kids to school sick

Pops used to say why you always sick ... I d be like I am around sick kids all day

It would be good if only picked up parents who send there kids to school sick but the app doesn’t disclose those parents ... uber gotta get that app together Lolz

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think I was the first to get that nasty arse bug this past winter that lasted two freaking months. Damn ORD runs.

Now I heard 'bout Leroy and the Lysol. And frankly I'm way too lazy to wipe chit down after every ride. I'm posting up---I'm the ride share canary. And my inner Lizard (lizzy) is having a bad day.

I remember exactly the 5-6 ORD running with paxheads sniffling---didn't think a damn thing about it at the time. Felt good on my long ass warrior runs.

So, point is.....

Do you drive when you are coughing and hacking and under the weather? If so, why? And most importantly how? How do you hide it?

I have lied in the past--open bold faced lie---Oh don't worry--its just allergies.

Can anything be done?
Chewing raw ginger right after one wakes up has been my favourite remedy. Fixes the issue sooner. Since I have a very good diet and fitness regimen I don't fall sick at all. My diet includes strengthening the immune system as well as one day detoxification every month.

Hope you get better soon----summer colds are tough to get rid of.

It's a wonder we aren't constantly sick given the poor personal hygiene habits of some of the riders we get. I had a guy on Saturday night that kept on sneezing without ever covering his mouth. I actually felt the droplets from his sneeze hit the back of my neck. I asked him to please cover his mouth when sneezing----he didn't even acknowledge me. I asked him once more after he sneezed again. A few seconds later, right after I got another spit shower, I pulled over, terminated the ride and asked him to get out. He slammed the door on the way out----please open mouth sir and swallow the 1-star cookie a-hole.
I hate door slammers. Only once in my life I've had anger take over me and I lost it. Pax had a royal treatment of the choicest cuss words. Rest of the times its a simple 1 star. Take uber in another state and the driver will know why you have such a good rating.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Chewing raw ginger right after one wakes up has been my favourite remedy. Fixes the issue sooner. Since I have a very good diet and fitness regimen I don't fall sick at all. My diet includes strengthening the immune system as well as one day detoxification every month.
I also swear by the ginger and honey as a remedy. Really simple to make a batch of ginger tea and refrigerate it----I take a thermos of it everyday when I drive, I also drink ginseng tea on a daily basis. It's been 4 years since I've had a cold. That's pretty good considering that I drive around with all kinds of inconsiderate riders that spread their germs.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
And I have had paxes tell me "bless you" when am hacking... Coughing all the time. Am not sneezing .. Get it right pax.
A side-effect of the trade. Breathing forced air heat or A/C in your face all day. I changed my interior air filter last week after 50K miles, and feel a little better at least. The old one was nasty. The new one has a charcoal element to block out additional pathogens/allergens.

So, point is.....

Can anything be done?
Honestly, the alcohol wipe down is a black thing. I learned that in the Army. White dudes aren't as crazy about the Purell. I don't know where it comes from. I know from being poor the mouse and roach infestation thing, but it's still not solved with washing your hands with alcohol. It only dries your hands and cuticiles out. See if your car has an interior filter. If it does, change it.

·
Banned
1,786 Posts

So, point is.....

Can anything be done?
Again, stay out of the pits and go make some money.

·
Premium Member
64,328 Posts
A

So, point is.....

Can anything be done?
Alcohol & speed are the best medicines for colds.
If Ephedrine Sulphate was still cheap and easy to get, you could burn a cold off in a couple of days.

A side-effect of the trade. Breathing forced air heat or A/C in your face all day. I changed my interior air filter last week after 50K miles, and feel a little better at least. The old one was nasty. The new one has a charcoal element to block out additional pathogens/allergens.

Honestly, the alcohol wipe down is a black thing. I learned that in the Army. White dudes aren't as crazy about the Purell. I don't know where it comes from. I know from being poor the mouse and roach infestation thing, but it's still not solved with washing your hands with alcohol. It only dries your hands and cuticiles out. See if your car has an interior filter. If it does, change it.
Spray a shot of ozium under your glove box every so often.
It kills germs.
Under your glove box is air intake to your cabin air filter. It will freshen it up.

Roll all windows down with A.C. on max a few times a day too. Freshens your inside air and system air.

Then spray car down when you park and sleep. Let it suck up into air system and keep till next day.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
glove box is air intake to your cabin air filter
That helps, many times mentioned but your specificity--points in the right direction.

Laker, smaker….

I just KNOW you was joking about who be hijacking your threads, Very funny, ha ha ______.

The first time I noticed the tendency--I thought it was sheer indecency. I all post up about driver safety--all isosconfig and peeps random cracking about this or that on my thread. (BTW in the 1.5 years since that post 10 uber men slain-- one lady.)

So, yeah, sometimes better to post on topic.

I STILL waiting for one of ya'll gun fanatics with a 2nd amendment misinterpretation in your back pocket to post up on disarmament and de-escalation techniques-- in said situations. Particularly, in close quarters.
(that's all you got--two guns and you can shoot some chit? Not impressed. Anything with the gray matter?
Uber lives matter, indeed.
So, you got 15 guns and conceal and carry, airtight--alright, but when a carjacker sneaks up on you and puts the barrel on your temple--I think we are in the same boat.

So there. And never mind---I got it now. Blank all that smart stuff I'm going for the gun like dude in the Waffle House.

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Ginger cures everything. Just sayin

View attachment 229681
So does cannabis.

Who cares if you sneeze or cough in front of a pax lol I never even thought about it
F them fools. Think about yo self.
The driver gets exposed to more pathogens than any rider. Anybody that works with the general public all day long probably has better immunity than the average person.
I remember exactly the 5-6 ORD running with paxheads sniffling---didn't think a damn thing about it at the time.
I had a bad cold for two weeks during the winter, but I use a neti pot regularly so there was no sniffly, runny nose type stuff - that's gross, frankly, and you need to do something about it. People sniffling is disgusting. Use a neti pot, it's basic hygiene. The cough and chest congestion can be concealed pretty easily. If you spread the virus, who cares? Where'd you get it from? Who knows? That's life in the big city.
A

Alcohol & speed are the best medicines for colds.
If Ephedrine Sulphate was still cheap and easy to get, you could burn a cold off in a couple of days.

Spray a shot of ozium under your glove box every so often.
It kills germs.
Under your glove box is air intake to your cabin air filter. It will freshen it up.

Roll all windows down with A.C. on max a few times a day too. Freshens your inside air and system air.

Then spray car down when you park and sleep. Let it suck up into air system and keep till next day.
I cleaned my A/C ducts out recently with this:
http://acprocold.com/product/ac-pro-vent-duct-cleaner/

You spray it into the fresh air intake and run the A/C with the windows open for 10 minutes. Works wonders and kills mold, mildew, everything. Do this in tandem with the cabin air filter. I changed my cabin filter and it didn't help the "stale air" smell I was getting, so I used this and it worked like a charm.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.