Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again I might be posting in the wrong section, but does anyone know how to suggest a new section in this forum? I think we should have a separate section relating to the various class action and other lawsuits against Uber and Lyft. The outcome of these suits affect many drivers and it would be nice to have a section knowing what's going on. By knowing the outcome we can hold uber and lyft accountable for the agreements they make.

For example, uber agreed to outline criteria in which a driver can be deactivated. I read the new policy and u see each section it stated the criteria is based on the city. So yesterday I was in the Denver office and asked what is the minimum rating and acceptance rate that would cause deactivation. The answer, I'm not allowed to provide that information. That doesn't seem to follow th terms of the recent settlement does it?

In addition, they are making agreements that affect drivers directly. For example, uber just settled the lawsuit where a pax sued uber after a driver put his service dog in the trunk. Part of that settlement is an agreement by uber to have a zero tolerance for any driver not to pick up a pax with a service dog. If a driver gets one single complaint they are permanently deactivated. Even though this settlement was in California it reads as if it applies to all drivers. The settlement also states Uber will require that existing and new drivers confirm they understand their legal obligations to transport riders with guide dogs or other service animals. See http://m.ocregister.com/articles/uber-714305-blind-service.html

How are we supposed to know the new rules based on the settlements uber makes with passengers? How can we as drivers hold uber accountable for the agreements they make with drivers?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Reactions: chi1cabby
1 - 2 of 2 Posts