Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Western Suburbanites that do the morning rush any tips? Where to start? What time? Do you end up in the city then is it dead downtown in the early a.m.? I normally do 2-10pm and just head straight to the city. Tomorrow going to try morning rush but not sure where to start

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
On Mondays you may want to begin really early. Like 3-4am early. Business travelers heading to the airports and from there you can head to the city and snag more trips. In the 5:15-6am time frame you can likely get an airport run from most city neighborhoods that's on surge. Most drivers make major hay on those early Monday morning surge airport trips.

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
The farther out you live, the earlier you probably want to be online. Hotels, Metra stations, office or industrial parks can be good to start near. Patterns gor your area should be easy to determine after a week or two.

Good luck...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On Mondays you may want to begin really early. Like 3-4am early. Business travelers heading to the airports and from there you can head to the city and snag more trips. In the 5:15-6am time frame you can likely get an airport run from most city neighborhoods that's on surge. Most drivers make major hay on those early Monday morning surge airport trips.
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Western Suburbanites that do the morning rush any tips? Where to start? What time? Do you end up in the city then is it dead downtown in the early a.m.? I normally do 2-10pm and just head straight to the city. Tomorrow going to try morning rush but not sure where to start
And stop deadheadung to the city! Depending on the suburb you live in, you'll almost always get either a trip to DT or ORD with a rematch into DT.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I'm in the west burbs as well, Naperville area, but work right across from Ohare airport, by the Fashion Outlet Mall. I always do DF to ORD and set my arrival time for about 1.5hrs. Most rides I get are commuters going to/from Metra station, an occasional person going to work around Elmhurst/Hinsdale. I get the ORD drop off 1x a week. You need to play around in your area to see what works best and maybe a regular.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I am in the Elmhurst/Addison/Lombard area. Maybe I don't have patience but every DF trip is just local/small and delays getting to the city, thus causing hitting traffic in
Ypure in a great area. If all else fails head to Oak Brook. Tons of offices. This is a trial and error, hit or miss game. But right now your wasting time and gas. Look at it this way, if it takes you 30-45 minutes to get either airport or city, you've made between $20-$35 depending on the destination. That breaks down into a decent hourly, especially if it sets you up for your next trip.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
This morning’s demand patterns really seemed odd to me. 3-4am generally has surge, especially closer to 4am. 4-5am really wasn’t lit up at all except on the south side. 5:30-7 and likely beyond was the sweet spot. Took my first trip at 5:40 this morning to MDW on a 1.9. Then was able to make it to Wicker Park and snag a 3x to of all places 111 N. Canal. Only did about $46 this morning but I’ll take it. Another big weekend ahead and rain in the forecast.

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
This morning's demand patterns really seemed odd to me. 3-4am generally has surge, especially closer to 4am. 4-5am really wasn't lit up at all except on the south side. 5:30-7 and likely beyond was the sweet spot. Took my first trip at 5:40 this morning to MDW on a 1.9. Then was able to make it to Wicker Park and snag a 3x to of all places 111 N. Canal. Only did about $46 this morning but I'll take it. Another big weekend ahead and rain in the forecast.
surge surge surge....broken record

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.