Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had anybody more dumb than this guy. So pax wanted to go from Hollywood to Westminster (45 miles) on a 1.4x surge and a ride back home so 90 miles all together. I'm talking to the guy having a good conversation. Then halfway there pax says we're not going to make it on time to the destination. I tell him that's its up to him if he wants to keep going because he knew he was about to pay more than $100 for the whole ride . I was trying to be nice which I should've not done. So while on the freeway and him sitting on the back he cancels the ride. I told him "did you cancel the ride?" He was like yea I want to see how much it will cost me now to go to the destination and back home. I was still going to make good money so I was okay with it. I was WRONG! He requested me while on the freeway driving I accepted and kept driving and then he cancels the ride again. I'm like why do you keep canceling? So at this point I get out of the freeway so he can request me again and we could get on our way. While in a parking lot waiting for him to request me the pax is in the back of my car trying 5 different credit cards and telling me all of his credit cards are frozen and he can't request me anymore. Pax has the nerve to tell me can you just keep driving I'll take care of it right now. I said I wasn't going to drive him for free a shit load of miles. Then he suggested to just pay me money to take him back home and I was like yea sure. He gives me money and we're on our way. This is what pissed me off the most. 15 minutes into driving on the freeway back to Hollywood he starts telling me why I got off the freeway and basically blaming me for what just happened. I didn't even want to argue with this ignorant pax so I just said "oh that sucks" and it was a quiet ride back home. **** that pax I couldn't even rate a *1 if I could! Sorry for this long ****ing post.

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
Never had anybody more dumb than this guy. So pax wanted to go from Hollywood to Westminster (45 miles) on a 1.4x surge and a ride back home so 90 miles all together. I'm talking to the guy having a good conversation. Then halfway there pax says we're not going to make it on time to the destination. I tell him that's its up to him if he wants to keep going because he knew he was about to pay more than $100 for the whole ride . I was trying to be nice which I should've not done. So while on the freeway and him sitting on the back he cancels the ride. I told him "did you cancel the ride?" He was like yea I want to see how much it will cost me now to go to the destination and back home. I was still going to make good money so I was okay with it. I was WRONG! He requested me while on the freeway driving I accepted and kept driving and then he cancels the ride again. I'm like why do you keep canceling? So at this point I get out of the freeway so he can request me again and we could get on our way. While in a parking lot waiting for him to request me the pax is in the back of my car trying 5 different credit cards and telling me all of his credit cards are frozen and he can't request me anymore. Pax has the nerve to tell me can you just keep driving I'll take care of it right now. I said I wasn't going to drive him for free a shit load of miles. Then he suggested to just pay me money to take him back home and I was like yea sure. He gives me money and we're on our way. This is what pissed me off the most. 15 minutes into driving on the freeway back to Hollywood he starts telling me why I got off the freeway and basically blaming me for what just happened. I didn't even want to argue with this ignorant pax so I just said "oh that sucks" and it was a quiet ride back home. **** that pax I couldn't even rate a *1 if I could! Sorry for this long ****ing post.
Email uber and tell them what happened minus the part about the cash. Ask for the fare for the full trip there and back at surge. Be polite but persistent. His actions canceling twice while clearly in your vehicle (he can't even claim you picked up the wrong pax as he repinged you) should get you paid.

He was being an ass. Canceling the first time was ass like. Second was just f****** ridiculous. He was trying to avoid a surge or had buyers remorse. Whatever. He wasted your time sitting there and that's what you got the cash for.

If Uber says he claims he paid cash just swear up and down he offered but you didn't take it. And you took him back because you felt bad leaving him out there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed them already and got a few more bucks for everything. Man **** that pax he's the most stupidest person I've ever met I just wished I could've game him a 1*. Did you hear about the strike starting on the 16th?? Spread the word!

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
After the first cancel he would've been out of the car. He can find another driver. You're too tolerant and sent the wrong message.

Should've made him wait for another car. He ****ed with you and played you. He took advantage of your good nature. He disrespected you and treated you like you are less than him.

That first cancel, would've pulled over immediately and told him to get out.

Thanks for the story. Everyone learn from this. Don't take no shit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After the first cancel he would've been out of the car. He can find another driver. You're too tolerant and sent the wrong message.

Should've made him wait for another car. He ****ed with you and played you. He took advantage of your good nature. He disrespected you and treated you like you are less than him.

That first cancel, would've pulled over immediately and told him to get out.

Thanks for the story. Everyone learn from this. Don't take no shit.
Yea I was being to nice. I blame my self for doing so. Nice guys finish last and I sure did. If you ever see a random guy in the freeway I most likely left him there because he busted this shit! Haha

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Yea I was being to nice. I blame my self for doing so. Nice guys finish last and I sure did. If you ever see a random guy in the freeway I most likely left him there because he busted this shit! Haha
I had a lady going from Hollywood to Simi Valley. Get about a block away and says this is uberX right. I say no it's select. Would you like me to pull over and you can call an uberx or I can bring you back from where I picked you up and you can call an uberx from there, it's your choice.

She says, can't you just change the trip to an uberx? I said, it doesn't work that way. Do you want me to drop you off here on the corner or do you want me to bring you back to where I picked you up?

She said what's the price difference? I said uberx going to be around $60, uberselect about $110 (yeah I lied about the cost of uberx, didn't want her to realize the real price difference). She said, I don't want to pay that much. I said no problem. Should I pull over here and you can get an uberx or should I bring you back from where I picked you up?

She said, its ok, I'll just go with you. I said, ok, let's go.

Passengers will play you. She was going to the Reagan library all dressed up for a debate. I think she wanted to show up with a certain level of car but was trying to be cheap about it.

With a little bit of finesse, got it up to $135 for the trip.

On the way out she wanted to stop by Starbucks. But I had forgotten where all the Starbucks are located. Maybe next time before she plays games with the drivers she'll remember her $135 trip that she took thirsty.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a lady going from Hollywood to Simi Valley. Get about a block away and says this is uberX right. I say no it's select. Would you like me to pull over and you can call an uberx or I can bring you back from where I picked you up and you can call an uberx from there, it's your choice.

She says, can't you just change the trip to an uberx? I said, it doesn't work that way. Do you want me to drop you off here on the corner or do you want me to bring you back to where I picked you up?

She said what's the price difference? I said uberx going to be around $60, uberselect about $110 (yeah I lied about the cost of uberx, didn't want her to realize the real price difference). She said, I don't want to pay that much. I said no problem. Should I pull over here and you can get an uberx or should I bring you back from where I picked you up?

She said, it ok, I'll just go with you. I said, ok, let's go.

Passengers will play you. She was going to the Reagan library all dressed up for a debate. I think she wanted to show up with a certain level of car but was trying to be cheap about it.

With a little bit of finesse, got it up to $135 for the trip.

On the way out she wanted to stop by Starbucks. But I had forgotten where all the Starbucks are located. Maybe next time before she plays games with the drivers she'll remember her $135 trip that she took thirsty.
next time I'm taking the situation optimusUber style. No more Mr.NiceGuy

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
POST # 1/Edwin omar: "Sorry for this
Post" ? How about
SORRY that You let an Indecisive, Dis-
honest, Sociopath play you and GET
AWAY WITH IT ! Now he'll pull the
Same Stunt.....AGAIN...and feel entitled
to do so, because YOU pandered to his
On & Off BAD BEHAVIOR.

#[F]Uber: My Private Enabler
The next Driver that gets Mr. Tark/
Bark/Dark/Shark owes YOU a real
Dope Slap!

·
Banned
919 Posts
They said they couldn't because the trip was canceled. Got me even more mad
If any of my pax want to be dropped of early because of Surge, I am putting them in the shit test area possible and then when they request me, I will ACRO their ass. I drive off and they can wait for the next driver. They also had to rate my ride first before requesting the 2nd ride so most likely they will rate me a 5 star before I bail on their request.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If any of my pax want to be dropped of early because of Surge, I am putting them in the shit test area possible and then when they request me, I will ACRO their ass. I drive off and they can wait for the next driver. They also had to rate my ride first before requesting the 2nd ride so most likely they will rate me a 5 star before I bail on their request.
Don't ACRO. Accept ride and keep driving away. Let them cancel when they realize what's up.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts