Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have cancelled today. Knew there was something fishy. The "gang" was arguing over the credit card they were using, then one of the kids followed me in a separate car since we were headed to the college for morning classes, Paxs told me to go up a light to avoid the traffic and make a u-turn all the way around campus to the point it would have been quicker to wait at the signal! Next time I see my rider is a college kid, I'm hitting cancel and squealing my tires out of the parking lot. They even got a bottled water.

Reported them to Uber and hope that I can get my 4.78 driver rating back. The kids dropped it to 4.76 yeah, I know I shouldn't worry about ratings. But when Uber doesn't tell us what we did wrong, it's frustrating!

·
Banned
919 Posts
Stop giving out water. I have read two of your posts, 1 about being happy that the riders kept the meter running while you wait making min wage and now you pass out waters. How about you stop driving, read up on what drivers do and don't do and then go out and make a little money? Vets do not give out free shit. We politely tell them that Uber has not sent any to you yet. You do not open doors for them either. You do not wait over 5:10 for someone that has not contacted you. You collect your 5 bucks at that moment. You do not accept non surge rides while the area is Orange. You learn how to accept and cancel within 15 seconds. Please, please read up to help you out. You will thank us later.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Colleges are notorious, avoid them at all costs especially if you know it is one of their party nights.

I have had a few decent college pickups but they are the minority. I only take them if it is really really slow and I'm not ready to go home.

And most have more than 4 people but to cheap to call XL.

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Got a ping from the high school kid again, I've 1* him twice now, cancelled. Thought I'd get another ping cause I was still closest. No. Good. Last time his rating was 4.3, this time 4.5 which of been less that 4.0. and if he has been using uber everyday he's getting rides.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I generally don't have problems with the Georgetown and AU kids. Mason is kind of a hit and miss, but GW kids more often than not annoy the hell out of me. Btw, I'm a recent UVA grad.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i'd almost tolerate a college kid puking on backseat if they could subtract 99% of the word "like" out of ****ing context, which makes me want to ****ing puke. do they like teach like ****ing like english in college like anymore?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This group was odd. They asked if they could do cash for the ride instead, to which I said no. While they fought with each other for using a wrong card, I politely let them know if they didn't have their issues solved and get in the car within five minutes, drivers have a right to cancel.

And after dropping them off at the college, I get cut off in the parking lot by a student. Grrr.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts