Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove three in a row home the other morning. Little Darlings, Rhino, Spearmint. Not a dollar cash or ap from any of them.
I’m also surprised at the low percentage of bartenders who tip. Wait Staff and Bus people do better.
I worked as a bartender for many years and I’ve tipped back hundreds of times over.
Wondering what your experience has been.
Snarky commenters, please self delete.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I drove three in a row home the other morning. Little Darlings, Rhino, Spearmint. Not a dollar cash or ap from any of them.
I'm also surprised at the low percentage of bartenders who tip. Wait Staff and Bus people do better.
I worked as a bartender for many years and I've tipped back hundreds of times over.
It all depends on their looks, if they are scanky they don't make as much as the good looking girls. The better they look the more they tip. Depends on where they live too.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I drove a dancer from Little Darlings to NLV. She was really nice and she tipped $3. I thought that was pretty good because she said she was new and wasn't making too much money yet.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Before I quit all together I noticed that too. Never had great luck with the Rhino, just one girl who I was her guy for many years. Sure bring's back memories though, my hot spots were,

Sheri's
CrazyHorse
And good ole OG's, loved those early sruffy calls from old man Joe ! Hey (.....) got 1 or two sometimes 4 headed to home/afterparties, ya want'em....LOL.

Thnking back now, sure had alot of fun and made some killer money.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Generally not, think it’s the attitude, wait staff are in the service industry, more aware of others...strippers are about the privilege to pay to spend time with em, naturally more selfish by trade...no judgement just what I observe. My tip/notip ratio is 1-2/10 for strippers. 6-8/10 wait staff.

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Maybe slow season for them too.
Lame excuse.

There's been numerous posts from pissed off drivers who got stiffed by bartenders counting big wads of cash tips in the back seat.

Some of those bartenders even bragged about the tips.

There's also been posts about waitstaff and strippers not tipping.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I'm also surprised at the low percentage of bartenders who tip. Wait Staff and Bus people do better.
I worked as a bartender for many years and I've tipped back hundreds of times over.
The few times I have had strippers as passengers I have received no tips.

·
Premium Member
11,431 Posts
It all depends on their looks, if they are scanky they don't make as much as the good looking girls. The better they look the more they tip. Depends on where they live too.
I find it helps to talk about tips and find common ground as people who work for tips vs a hole customers and to talk like we are peers.

Reactions: LVcool

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevrolt Bolt EV
2,185 Posts
I have 3 regular strippers they all tip nicely (well 2 out the 3 do) ..Sugar Daddy's near St Cloud MN .. As they get out of the Car I always tell them to have fun and make lots of money . Most service people tip well ..Hair Stylist are probably the best tippers here ..they CAN make a piehole of Money doing old ladys hair Perm costs around $80

·
Registered
455 Posts
Maybe slow season for them too.
It is slow season for strippers as well however doesn't give someone to take short cuts as if . If .The service was good its a nice gesture to appreciate those I always tip my uber drivers when I get in the car that 100% assures me now the passenger n creates a different experience for both. Always take care of as many people as you can so they can take care of you willing rather than being forced too. Strippers are the worst . Bad drugs. Fight with their pumps n blah blah. They are only good for what they do take their clothes off n be a community property. They have really F...ed up lives and mentality

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I find it helps to talk about tips and find common ground as people who work for tips vs a hole customers and to talk like we are peers.
I agree with that. Call me by my first name, ask for my life story. Give me the whinny "Thank you so much." Then ding me for navigation because the google maps on the phone they looked at the whole way said the strip was the fastest route.

It is slow season for strippers as well however doesn't give someone to take short cuts as if . If .The service was good its a nice gesture to appreciate those I always tip my uber drivers when I get in the car that 100% assures me now the passenger n creates a different experience for both. Always take care of as many people as you can so they can take care of you willing rather than being forced too. Strippers are the worst . Bad drugs. Fight with their pumps n blah blah. They are only good for what they do take their clothes off n be a community property. They have really F...ed up lives and mentality
I agree with that. One of the girls spent the whole trip taking selfies in all different poses.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The good think about working days is you don't have to deal with any of that crap. Day shift is all regular SOBAR people. I have been noticing a lot more tips in the 5 dollar range lately but if you don't worry about tips then it won't bother you when you don't get tipped.

Had a older guy and his wife (my age, damn I hate saying that!!) picked up some ghetto car lot. He was going home, all scruffy, in a wheel chair with MS had a hard time getting in but wouldn't let me help. I could've just picked him up but both he and his wife had it down. Never thought about a tip but he asked to stop for his wife to get come smokes.

She comes out from the store and gives me a 5. I'm thinking damn dude, you can't walk and you give me 5 bucks for a tip, I felt bad but I still took it. lol

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Get them talking about their bad and cheap customers. All you have to say is “yeah us drivers hate it too when passengers don’t tip either” then “they don’t even have to put it in my G String, just the cup holder.”

Most rideshare drivers are such losers they don’t understand how to talk to people and that certain words or comments trigger emotions that subconsciously leads to tips and larger tips than the norm. That’s the difference between the $10 an hour airport hounds and the drivers that know how to consistently make $20+ an hour.

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
Took yet another Top Golf worker home and NO tip. I'm now 0 for 5 with Top Golf service people.
That is now 2 bartenders, 2 servers, and 1 DJ, who I help lug turntables to her apartment door.
So getting roughly 25% of strippers tipping is a joy compared to 0% from the Top Golf gang.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Took yet another Top Golf worker home and NO tip. I'm now 0 for 5 with Top Golf service people.
That is now 2 bartenders, 2 servers, and 1 DJ, who I help lug turntables to her apartment door.
So getting roughly 25% of strippers tipping is a joy compared to 0% from the Top Golf gang.
Did you get the whinny "thank yew sooo much" from the Dj?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts