Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Cmon its obvious what happened ,people didnt open the app because they realised they would get surged,like last time....and they use UBER because your cheap no other reason,The Taxi Trade was busy today,

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
It's holiday period and too many Uber Drivers everywhere. Surge will be very limited for the near future.

·
Registered
357 Posts
From 6am to 6pm with an hour break in between, was on jobs pretty much all the time... but the roads were choca so did not get anywhere fast! Talking bout black cabs I saw a queue of them going past Euston, most were empty one was even reading the paper whilst in traffic :O, pro drivers!

·
Banned
550 Posts
Funny enough I was busy last night but I was mainly working in the burbs, started in Twickenham and got my first ping from Richmond station as usual, there were a lot of black cabs on the rank but they were all busy eating their kellogs! anyway it then just kept ticking for the rest of the night ending in LGW at 05-00

·
Registered
353 Posts
From 6am to 6pm with an hour break in between, was on jobs pretty much all the time... but the roads were choca so did not get anywhere fast! Talking bout black cabs I saw a queue of them going past Euston, most were empty one was even reading the paper whilst in traffic :O, pro drivers!
Don't leave us hanging bro how much did you take? I see them empty taxi as well reading. Don't know why big queue of people wait for them. Lots at Kings Cross where I wait for hour for job today. At least I was able to cut my toenails and wet wipe in that time.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Don't leave us hanging bro how much did you take? I see them empty taxi as well reading. Don't know why big queue of people wait for them. Lots at Kings Cross where I wait for hour for job today. At least I was able to cut my toenails and wet wipe in that time.
Why wet wipe , kings cross have shower facilities for a £1

·
Registered
355 Posts
Cmon its obvious what happened ,people didnt open the app because they realised they would get surged,like last time....and they use UBER because your cheap no other reason,The Taxi Trade was busy today,
You spoke too soon voodoo, it surged at 2.4x at one point. Did mostly 1.5x myself as I kept getting pings on the way to the West End.

Dont worry youll read all about it tomorrow in the Daily Mail. The paper of choice for uneducated racists/most taxi drivers.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
how's hailo generally. can you earn a living or does it have to go side by side with uber exec
It's ok. Fares are better than UberExec, especially at night when you can get the job done more quickly. £10 minimum fare jobs, stuck in traffic may not be worthwhile, though if you haven't got an Uber job in the meantime, you may as well take the Hailo job (bird in the hand is worth two in the bush..).

Out of the Hailo and Uber jobs I do (I always have both open at the same time, when not on a job), the income is split 10/90, so it has be run alongside with each other.

Other benefits of Hailo, are better clientele (they're mostly black cab users), and they don't generally keep you waiting for long, as they're used to a black cab turning up with the meter starting to run as soon as it arrives. No shows are always paid (after five minutes, and you got a timer shown as soon as you hit "Arrived"), and passengers only have two minutes (or two and a half - not sure) to cancel, otherwise you'll get the cancellation fee.

Cash jobs as well, and with the strike, Hailo didn't take their commission (to compete with drivers working for Uber). You're also more likely to get a tip, since the passenger can adjust the tip during the ride on their app.

I would use Hailo to supplement your income from Uber, together which, then should supplement your income from private hire work as a whole.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It's ok. Fares are better than UberExec, especially at night when you can get the job done more quickly. £10 minimum fare jobs, stuck in traffic may not be worthwhile, though if you haven't got an Uber job in the meantime, you may as well take the Hailo job (bird in the hand is worth two in the bush..).

Out of the Hailo and Uber jobs I do (I always have both open at the same time, when not on a job), the income is split 10/90, so it has be run alongside with each other.

Other benefits of Hailo, are better clientele (they're mostly black cab users), and they don't generally keep you waiting for long, as they're used to a black cab turning up with the meter starting to run as soon as it arrives. No shows are always paid (after five minutes, and you got a timer shown as soon as you hit "Arrived"), and passengers only have two minutes (or two and a half - not sure) to cancel, otherwise you'll get the cancellation fee.

Cash jobs as well, and with the strike, Hailo didn't take their commission (to compete with drivers working for Uber). You're also more likely to get a tip, since the passenger can adjust the tip during the ride on their app.

I would use Hailo to supplement your income from Uber, together which, then should supplement your income from private hire work as a whole.
Is hailo only for exec cars and black cabs or can UberX style cars use it too?

·
Registered
824 Posts

You wouldn't advise just hailo alone then?

p.s you have been a great help

1 - 20 of 23 Posts