Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I went to the Partner Appreciation Event here in Atlanta. This was for a select number of Uber X drivers. There were about 80 people and as I met other partners and got to know a little about them I truly learned how insignificant this "strike" truly is. I met drivers who had as little as 200 trips and partners that have logged over 5,000. When the strike came up two responses occurred, first was how truly stupid this whole idea was, and "oh I had no idea that was going on", how silly. I saw a room of true entrepreneurial minds that have been successful with the company for various reasons. These are the same people effected by our horrible rate cuts to $.78 and yet still found a way to pull through. Full-timers, part-timers, retirees, etc.

If you think about it the only people on here talking about and promoting the strike are the same people that complain about everything. They blame their shortcomings on Uber among others and take no ownership for the lack of effort they put in. It is true what they say only negative people get on the internet to complain and start trouble. The truth is they are the minority, they are the few. Don't let the posts, the YouTube videos, The Facebook Pages, etc. fool you. In the end they will fail as they did as drivers.

Remember those of us that will be driving that weekend we are the Majority. We will dictate how that night goes. There will be so few of them we will not even feel the impact. Trust me on this, go out and drive and have a great time as you always do. And for those that want to strike remember you are not employees and you are not part of a union so you have no right to strike. You have the right to stand around like a bunch of butt-hurt failures that want someone to pay for your own lack of effort, that is all.

Strikers if you care about the other drivers and you are doing this for the other drivers, as you say, just do us a favor and move on. We have riders to attend to.

Good luck everyone and Uber on!!

UberLou

Font Parallel Number Electric blue Circle

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
So you went to the Uber kiss up event, talked with 80 people, were bought off with "light refreshment" and the people there enjoyed being kissed up to and you think all of them know how to work the system to make over $1,000 a week on UberX at $0.78 a mile without destroying their car?

The rest of us are striking - or as I like to say "strike till it surges big time". Until then, drive Lyft. No reason the systems can't work for everyone, not just the precious few. That's what WE are aiming for.

So Uber bought you for nothing but snacks? You are definitely a cheap date.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you went to the Uber kiss up event, talked with 80 people, were bought off with "light refreshment" and the people there enjoyed being kissed up to and you think all of them know how to work the system to make over $1,000 a week at on UberX at $0.78 a mile without destroying their car?

The rest of us are striking - or as I like to say "strike till it surges big time". No reason the systems can't work for everyone, not just the precious few. That's what WE are aiming for.

So Uber bought you for nothing but snacks? You are definitely a cheap date.
You and the other 10% can go rally it's your right. Say what you want you are the minority.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
So today I went to the Partner Appreciation Event here in Atlanta. This was for a select number of Uber X drivers. There were about 80 people and as I met other partners and got to know a little about them I truly learned how insignificant this "strike" truly is. I met drivers who had as little as 200 trips and partners that have logged over 5,000. When the strike came up two responses occurred, first was how truly stupid this whole idea was, and "oh I had no idea that was going on", how silly. I saw a room of true entrepreneurial minds that have been successful with the company for various reasons. These are the same people effected by our horrible rate cuts to $.78 and yet still found a way to pull through. Full-timers, part-timers, retirees, etc.

If you think about it the only people on here talking about and promoting the strike are the same people that complain about everything. They blame their shortcomings on Uber among others and take no ownership for the lack of effort they put in. It is true what they say only negative people get on the internet to complain and start trouble. The truth is they are the minority, they are the few. Don't let the posts, the YouTube videos, The Facebook Pages, etc. fool you. In the end they will fail as they did as drivers.

Remember those of us that will be driving that weekend we are the Majority. We will dictate how that night goes. There will be so few of them we will not even feel the impact. Trust me on this, go out and drive and have a great time as you always do. And for those that want to strike remember you are not employees and you are not part of a union so you have no right to strike. You have the right to stand around like a bunch of butt-hurt failures that want someone to pay for your own lack of effort, that is all.

Strikers if you care about the other drivers and you are doing this for the other drivers, as you say, just do us a favor and move on. We have riders to attend to.

UberLou

View attachment 14993
Brown noser

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

UberLou

View attachment 14993
Liquid Bottle Water Fluid Gesture

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
lou lou you are truly brainwashed. i have had success myself being in the right circumstances to turn a profit by working the surge game, having the right car and working for a car dealership with a personal gas allowance per month and free car washes . but you are acting like a company man. $1 or under is down right criminal. uber is not forcing anyone to work, i get that , but they could care less if someone depreciates their car thinking they are turning a profit.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Actually, I do just fine on Uber. If the rates stayed at the dismal $0.85/mile here in Dallas, I would still earn enough to meet the purposes of my driving. I suppose that makes me one of those "entrepreneurial minds" that can make a winning hand of shitty rates "work for me".

That doesn't mean that Uber (and Lyft), and THEIR RATE WAR at the EXPENSE OF DRIVERS, is "right".

That doesn't mean that Uber's lack of a TIP feature, is "right".

That doesn't mean that Uber's over-saturation of drivers in nearly EVERY established market, is "right".

That doesn't mean that Uber's attempts at FORCING drivers to accept rides at rates lower than the driver's vehicle/service class, is "right".

I support the strike. I also realize that the effort may not result in anything. However, making no attempt to send a message is akin to saying that Uber is doing right by the drivers. They are not, period.

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
My kids eat just fine because I am smart enough to know this isn't a career. It's parttime supplemental income only. I suppose you believe the lord is okay with interfering with someone else's business by requesting fake rides or calling them names like shills or moron. Don't use the Lord to promote your propaganda. Very hypocritical of you.
Uber is just an app. Not the anti-christ.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It s all about the numbers... They don't add up . i love uber but at the end when the maths don't add and i am losing money because of overflow drivers and rate cut without notice ???? Really lol

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It s all about the numbers... They don't add up . i love uber but at the end when the maths don't add and i am losing money because of overflow drivers and rate cut without notice ???? Really lol
Think outside the box and use Uber for other revenue streams. You are an IC for Pete sake take advantage of it. Think above the rates.

·
Registered
14 Posts
At that rate minus taxes depreciation maintenances ... Lol you must be joking we are fed up with the abuse . we are the same driver that are busting are butt to make uber this big

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
people, Think outside of the rates. It's not rocket science.
For many drivers this our full time job, our bread and butter.

So stop with your part time bs dude.

And don't tell us to get a job. When you end up homeless for a year, because no one would give you a job, then come back and talk to me.

So instead of preventing a strike, how about you use that energy to help people to get a job.

I need $125k for school. Can you help me find it?

·
Banned
1,019 Posts

UberLou

View attachment 14993
maybe you're right. maybe in your market drivers are satisfied with uber. fares there are relatively fair. $1.30 base, $1 per mile, $5 min trip, $6 cancellation. LA is $0.00 base,$1 per mile, $4 min trip, $5 cancellation. so we can drive 15 min plus to pick up rider for a minimum trip at $2.40. most markets are similar. we may not affect every single market but it doesn't matter cuz you guys are happy with rates anyway. but we will impact those markets that have us driving our own cars at below minimum wage.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So again here is somebody that maybe drives part time as a good job to pay for the car depreciation and doesn't have to worry about you were just sucking the life out of them going on this little rant about how good Uber is well you know in your contract it says you can give rides away for less why don't you do that why don't you contact Uber and say hey I don't need to make $0.75 per mile since I don't need this job to support my family since I have another jump why don't I just do it all for free and you can just collect your safety rider Fee and have everything else too man you know I make a little bit of money off of Uber you know there is a way to make money but unfortunately not every driver gets 54 miles per gallon unfortunately not every Driver has a vehicle that is 100% strictly for business and as such all expenses are a write off I understand the strike I understand what the strike is about I understand that yes we are actually employees and not independent contractors I got a warning for my acceptance rate because one morning I SAT there and got 10 pings back to back that were each over 25 minutes by highway so that's basically saying operate at a loss or you're fired so yes there is a lot that needs to be changed and as a person that sits there and says Uber on you're basically telling all of the other drivers to go destroy their lives I said hey I make money but only because I was able to invest in a smart car for doing this kind of work also only because I own a transportation company and I can write off my party bus and all that in the Mile that I put on my Uber car I use as a write off for the income that I make with my party bus or my non emergency medical transportation so for me yeah I'm making a little bit of money hardly enough to live off of and I see that Driver need this strike and need something to happen to increase the rates that Uber keeps dropping in order for ever to last because not all the drivers are going to last 2 or 3 years is the maximum that even you would last at doing that once you notice how your car is getting trashed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Uber is a company who was very successful of using loophole and disparate people like us in disparate situation to make billion .very smart ... If they care about us they will crush the numbers and stop the greed... Pay raise... we are not asking too much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I understand what you are saying i loooove uber i looooove the job and the concept but at the end numbers don't lie 1 and 1 is 2 not 3. So at this rate please crush the numbers they don't add up sorry ...

·
Registered
989 Posts
Lou you are dead wrong there are many drivers I would say the majority of full time and a good number of part time drivers are unhappy with über to some extent. Your views are very one sided and reflect the views of all the uber employees and investors iv had the unfortunate pleasure of discussing this with. Luckily drivers are speaking up. We have politicians like Hillary, prominite labor scholars etc that have pushed for an updated framework of laws that better pretoct the workers in the on demand space. Uber will half to fight off a growing number of lawsuits and lobby hard against any new classification of worker that would benefit us. It will be a long fight in the courts and at the local government level, but I see a eventually a new classification of worker coming out of all this. It only makes sense now that more and more people are reallying on service type gig jobs. It's gonna be hard for Uber to win. The will half to change.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.