Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are enough drivers/cars/ants out there in the city; it's not like high demand season with conferences hosting at Moscone Center in consecutive weeks. With more TV spotlights, I see even more ladies aka tough mama drivers around the city. I guess the TV did the trick to lure more people who are still skeptical about rideshare driving, but it ruins the routines for the regulars. Stop it Dara!

Yeah, I had a bad weekends and monday. Please insert "George is getting upset" Seinfeld video. Rant off...

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
might not look like it but Uber now has to work harder for drivers ! economy is looking up which is bad news for them.

It's why we have rate increases instead of the opposite during slow periods.
No. The rate increases put more drivers on the road which kills surge and boost. There are way too many drivers these days....lots of Uber commercials to flood streets with drivers who will drive for base fares.

·
Banned
9,183 Posts
I think it should be a requirement that all drivers living outside the city take a location test in order to drive in the city. $150 or more and you must identify all hotels, attractions, major landmarks, etc. One of the problems with city driving is all the new people(myself included) are lost half the time, parked in bus zones, turning left when not allowed - most of the time it's simply because people don't know their way around. Put the onus on the new drivers to learn the city before being allowed to Uber in the city. City could make some money out of it and it would discourage some drivers from even wanting to work here.

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think it should be a requirement that all drivers living outside the city take a location test in order to drive in the city. $150 or more and you must identify all hotels, attractions, major landmarks, etc. One of the problems with city driving is all the new people(myself included) are lost half the time, parked in bus zones, turning left when not allowed - most of the time it's simply because people don't know their way around. Put the onus on the new drivers to learn the city before being allowed to Uber in the city. City could make some money out of it and it would discourage some drivers from even wanting to work here.
Is this port like performance art or something? Who cares about hotel names! You just need to be able to get to a street and a cross street and then look for the number.

A test? Of major landmarks? Lol. The city could make some money off it?

Clown.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
There's a part of me that completely agrees with you. However as a driver even having a high level of city knowledge, this lets Uber off the hook. There's a lot Uber could and should be doing that they aren't. Uber offers navigation, in fact in their warm n fuzzy talks they love to use their team leaders to give in other tech outlets you'd think they offer the best most intuitive navigation out there. Uber navigation should never EVER navigate into an illegal maneuver.

Just because Sacramento above Powell is technically a portion of Fairmont property, a hotel guest doesn't want to be dropped off at the loading dock or outside the side door where the employees smoke cigarettes. The "navigation" is full of endless discrepancies. They can't even route to actual addresses. Sometimes the route is sending a driver to some alley even when the address given to the system is on a proper street.

A lot of the above things can easily be remedied by drivers knowledge, but what's the point of the navigation if it can't even navigate. Additionally though Uber could be going a lot further with passenger communication. I'm referring to communications between them and the customer while we're on the way to them. Something like these. Our system is locating you on the north side of X street. Is that accurate? Is the street address an odd or even number? Are you able to get to the north side of X street? Should we direct your driver to an address on the south side? We see you're on the north side of X street, however we're directing your driver in the west bound direction and you can make things easier and safer if you're able to get yourself to the south side of X street.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
There's a part of me that completely agrees with you. However as a driver even having a high level of city knowledge, this lets Uber off the hook. There's a lot Uber could and should be doing that they aren't. Uber offers navigation, in fact in their warm n fuzzy talks they love to use their team leaders to give in other tech outlets you'd think they offer the best most intuitive navigation out there. Uber navigation should never EVER navigate into an illegal maneuver.

Just because Sacramento above Powell is technically a portion of Fairmont property, a hotel guest doesn't want to be dropped off at the loading dock or outside the side door where the employees smoke cigarettes. The "navigation" is full of endless discrepancies. They can't even route to actual addresses. Sometimes the route is sending a driver to some alley even when the address given to the system is on a proper street.

A lot of the above things can easily be remedied by drivers knowledge, but what's the point of the navigation if it can't even navigate. Additionally though Uber could be going a lot further with passenger communication. I'm referring to communications between them and the customer while we're on the way to them. Something like these. Our system is locating you on the north side of X street. Is that accurate? Is the street address an odd or even number? Are you able to get to the north side of X street? Should we direct your driver to an address on the south side? We see you're on the north side of X street, however we're directing your driver in the west bound direction and you can make things easier and safer if you're able to get yourself to the south side of X street.
Sorry Guys ! but Uber can not pay us so little and have those kinds of demands if you go in third world countries that how they treat poor people with bad jobs.

Little pay VERY high expectations , we should all pray that kind thing won't happen here in our life time .

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
No. The rate increases put more drivers on the road which kills surge and boost. There are way too many drivers these days....lots of Uber commercials to flood streets with drivers who will drive for base fares.
I never understood how this helps Uber, it seems since they take a cut, surge would be good for Uber and drivers alike.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
This was a trip to SFO from north bay , I don't understand why Uber took less out of it .

It's also happening with trips to OAK

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

This is a trip with surge not boost, I'm not sure if the rider is on a special promo like the rider pass but clearly Uber gave him a base ride

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

I never understood how this helps Uber, it seems since they take a cut, surge would be good for Uber and drivers alike.
none of it makes sense but somehow I'm sure they are making a ton money.

·
Premium Member
64,328 Posts
BUILD THE WALL !

Sorry Guys ! but Uber can not pay us so little and have those kinds of demands if you go in third world countries that how they treat poor people with bad jobs.

Little pay VERY high expectations , we should all pray that kind thing won't happen here in our life time .
Its ALREADY
HAPPENING !

·
Banned
6,865 Posts
Cloud Sky Natural landscape Art Painting

... apparently 1,000 drivers will earn Uber more than 100 drivers driving only when surging ... if it's surging ... when it surged ... and it's at least x.x times ... or ... um ... uh ... uh ... the ... uh burst or boast or boost or breast ... or something ...

... meanwhile, for the 1,000 drivers simply driving around ... there might be a surge here and there from time to time ...
but ... there's always a rider, there's always a base rate, there's always a booking fee, there's always the mileage rates, there's always time rates ... there's always an always...

·
Banned
9,183 Posts
Is this port like performance art or something? Who cares about hotel names! You just need to be able to get to a street and a cross street and then look for the number.

A test? Of major landmarks? Lol. The city could make some money off it?

Clown.
Proven to be effective in other cities, I think it's a brilliant idea. Uber and City Hall should be all over this. It would be a win win for all parties involved - especially pax & us drivers. Maybe not in every city but in SF I think it would be a great idea.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just like TESLA, Fulber & Flop (Uber/Lyft) will one day here real soon, will have to start paying off their investors! And just like TESLA announcing today that its laying off 3500 employees because its investors are now holding their hands out for payment, So shall Fluber & Flop!!

These two companies can only go so far in business giving away rides and stiffing its drivers before people who has invested in their companies start wanting and demanding their returns on investments! I imagine that right about that time, they will have figured out that their screwed and close down their businesses and deactivating us drivers! I've seen many of these scenarios in the past in my life time! Many claimed bs that will never happen and look what happened to ERON lol

For Fluber & Flop, it would be easier to file chapter 11 protection, take all their money and dump it in their private off shore accounts while the rest of us poor bastards are left with nothing!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.