Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
3K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  Luberon 
#1 ·
With regard to the people who post threads such as "Please stop posting negative" and "For all the complainers..." and the like, I have this to say: stop telling me how to post. Stop complaining about complaining.

If you don't want to hear facts (or, as you like to call them, "complaining" or "negativity"), then go find an Uber propaganda page and brown nose there. The fact is, at less than $1/mile, there's really no way for you to be profitable. If you can prove me wrong with actual numbers, please do.

I will continue to post facts and opinions as I see fit until "they" (whoever they are) ban and block me from this site. I'm sure there are plenty of other long-term members who will do the same.

By the way, every time we see one of the above-mentioned stupid messages, I believe we should post an equal and opposite reaction.

#14 ·
Folks, uber like Facebook, is all about big data. Uber was never meant to be profitable for its drivers.

Uber commits itself as a ride share enabler. This means that you give up some of your time and equity of your car mainly for a pay day advance.

Uber never positioned itself as a full time career. Those trying to make it as such, you cannot.

#22 ·
Folks, uber like Facebook, is all about big data. Uber was never meant to be profitable for its drivers.

Uber commits itself as a ride share enabler. This means that you give up some of your time and equity of your car mainly for a pay day advance.

Uber never positioned itself as a full time career. Those trying to make it as such, you cannot.
They're saving that data so that one day all sub-4.6-starred people will be executed and only the finest specimens remain. The uber world order. Muahahahahahaah.

#17 ·
But I'm a gas is my only expense driver, and I siphon that from parked cars. I just don't understand why anyone would complain about uber especially when, to uber, your just the other dude in the car. Also I believe they should lower rates whenever they want, wait for it..........because they can. Don't you just love being so respected by your partner.

I get all warm and fuzzy when I think about uber, or is that my blood boiling and the hair standing up on the back of my neck, I'm not sure.

#18 ·
My first hour delivering chickens and waffles I drove 9 miles made $52 however I can provide proof that it's profitable but I would have to post a picture of my credit card statement with the total gas purchases the check up my car had and all the other little expensive and I can't do that I've made 4800 + and my expenses for almost six weeks is 1937 that is a profit of about 2900 I didn't break break out the cat caliper to measure the tread wear on my tires. No scratches or damages to the vehicle exterior or interior so far if I deduct the gas that I bought from the chicken and waffle money then my overall profit increases don't like my math too bad

#19 ·
On the bottom line my bank account went down about $600 and my credit card debt went down from Owing 12000 + to 8000 + this is the only way I'm judging this venture right now got to go chicken and waffles need a ride

#28 ·
You will not see anybody post any realistic earnings that are profitable at $1 a mile. It's not possible. Two plus two is four, not ten.
As you are in the business, no doubt you are aware that cab drivers tell plenty of stories, but there are three big ones, the first two of which are:

1. How little they earn (to the Internal Revenue)
2. How much they earn (to everyone else).

I have seen Uber drivers' falling into patterns similar to those of cab drivers.

But... but... I drive a Prius!
:)
You would, no doubt, be aware that "Prius" is Japanese for "clueless".

#29 ·

You are correct. I would not do this full-time. I keep my earnings under $600 for the year. This is good side money. I wouldn't buy a car on it. (THAT'S LAUGHABLE - WHAT UBER IS TRYING TO DO)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.