Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand why driver are ******ed !! Stop picking up at the airport for bread crumbs ! You complain about Rates and you do nothing about it !! Work in the city and no uberfool.. let's force this mother****er Uber to raise prices especially at Logan Airport !!

I just feel bad and angry at those who work at the airport !!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I dont understand why you are angry. It's still work, you simply gamble on it being a good fare or not pretty much like you do anywhere else.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I dont understand why you are angry. It's still work, you simply gamble on it being a good fare or not pretty much like you do anywhere else.
What are you gambling to win? If you get a long ride it's going to be a ton of miles at low rates and then your going to dead mile back. Take it from a guy that went out to Sterling and Franklin on two separate occasions.

A 70 dollar trip to Sterling takes 1 hour 15 minutes to just get there. 70 dollar trip. 6.50 in tolls. You paying tolls to come back? So you made 63 bucks. Minus gas. Minus mileage. Go flip some burgers that's crap money. I can drive in circles and make 30 an hour instead of this. Oh yah also add in the time it takes to que up and then get your rider. This particular rider took a solid 8 minutes coaching on the phone to find
C/E.

·
Registered
662 Posts
If it took you an hour and 15 min to get from Logan to sterling then you drive slower than my grandma.. and my grandma once said, when I was driving 5 mph over the limit, "nate, this isn't the Indy 500!" (Say in an old grandma voice)
Check the weather on weds night Nate.

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
^^that's why I always call first.. but I guess if you are waiting a long time, you don't wana cancel and be put back in the queue

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
I said earlier on other post, I am done with this Logan pick up. U know what I am not going to take any pax to the Logan at all. Fu ck them not a dollar tip on 2 airports trip. On the top of that load and unload luggage. No more Logan.
Yea originally I thought the Logan pickups would yield some decent tips.. I was wrong

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The problem we have here ,there are plenty of idiot drivers who are super excited about Logan pick up ! And they line up there like refugees looking for bread crumbs! Have some honor and pride and go work in the city ! No Ken deserve a ride from Logan airport using these rates !! Wake up people !!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I did a trip from Brandeis University to Logan today. The girl had attitude from the minute I picked her up. She complained about my being in the wrong place to pick her up despite the fact I went to where she dropped the pub and she even texted saying she was at hassenfeld lot. Then she said I was driving too slow and didn't like the music playing. I lifted her heavy luggage in the car and out no tip not even a thank you. Surprisingly my rating didn't go down so I guess she rated me ok but what a miserable trip. Didn't bother staying for a pickup went back to Boston and got a surge ride from Financial district area to Malden

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you don't like logan pickups don't do them. And if you don't do them, you should be happy that some drivers do like them and will wait in the queue, because the more drivers that wait in the queue, the less drivers there are on the road in the city. As more drivers get approved for logan, the queue will get bigger and bigger, taking more and more drivers off the roads that would normally have been somewhere else. If you don't see this as a good thing, whether you do them or not, then I don't know what to tell you except your probably not the brightest bulb. I'm honestly amazed that anyone would think this is a bad thing. Not to mention, if you drop off at airport and the queue happens to be small, I'd rather wait 10 to 15 min and get a ride to seaport and get paid for it, then drive 10 min back to city empty to get a ride. If wait is longer then it's a different story, but this is nothing but a good thing for drivers, whether you do it or not. It's just like pool, if you don't like it then don't do it, but at least it's an extra option that previously did not exist.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts