Uber Drivers Forum banner

Stop it Uber

1K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  gerg 
#1 ·
get a ping this morning Monte Carlo Kool head that way just as I'm pulling in the uber lane there app says we have put you with a closer rider 7 min away.....I'm here what are doing already.... Charley's LBGT place there by arville and trop was the new destination so I go there wait the 5 minutes call text no response and cancel the ride no show... got the $3.75 but cancellation rate jumps to 14% my highest ever lol what you gonna do but laugh.....I hate the new rider closer destination garbage never works..

#13 ·
For me, this is usually followed by, "Hey man, the app says I'm waiting for you at Flamingo, but I'm actually at Caesars Palace"

There are places where the resorts are okay with staging if you do it right and don't hinder their traffic flow. I'll let those who don't know them figure it out for themselves.

#5 ·
I hate that too. One time I had to kick 3 people out of my car just as I was starting the trip. It's like a scavenger hunt for drivers to make you feel like you are staying busy. When all the while it's a wild goose chase!
Morning freebyrdie, but remember, you guys are not taxi, you guys are a tech company, you can't stage like taxi, the idea is that you guys drive around until you get pinged, you guys knew this in advance , so why cry about it, tell me I'm wrong.

#6 ·
Lol I'm not crying. It happened to me twice, was almost a joke. I wasnt staging when it happened...I had driven from five minutes away. The app does burp sometimes, no big deal considering the millions and millions of rides it handles daily around the world. Come on...you rarely see me complain about anything on here. Except for liberals lol! I complain so little about Uber on here I am regularly confused for an Uber shill!

#20 ·
I don't stage unless I need a few minutes of down time. Once I'm in the rotation I stay busy. The arguement is that as Uber drivers it was expected that we stay in drive mode, passenger or not.

Ummmm huh?!? Lmao
I only work evenings. I might find myself staging a couple times a week on the Strip, and for no more than 5 minutes when I do. More often, I'll drop a pax slow-roll my exit from rideshare pickup and have a ping before I leave.

I never display stickers.
But doing 12 hour shifts,everyone who needs to,knows.

One of my staging spots upset the crack dealers . . .
Bonus points if your car looks like an undercover.

#12 ·
Speaking to lvcab? As in! Your information came from cab drivers or from the company they are employeed by? Or, your going to speak to the above mentioned to find out where it is written that Uber/lyft must continuously drive the streets of our lovely city until they get a "ping"?

#26 ·
The cancellation rate is a joke what I mean is I arrive at the destination the green tab shows rider notified I wait the required time even longer most times 2 minutes pool 5 minutes X and what ever it takes for Xl text pax call pax do all the required things uber asks and then am penalized for following their rules and protocols talk about having it both ways but uber could care less what you and I think or if we even live or die.....thank for the input.....

#30 ·
I think we get put in rotation. Cancel , ignore or turn off the app. You start from the bottom again. Uber needs drivers who are willing to go where anywhere so they can collect data. The more active driver you are and not doing the same repetitive route ie: the airport only , strip only etc. The more rides you will get and longer rides.
I dont think its anything as controlled as that. Fact is, the gps is not accurate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.