Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
get a ping this morning Monte Carlo Kool head that way just as I'm pulling in the uber lane there app says we have put you with a closer rider 7 min away.....I'm here what are doing already.... Charley's LBGT place there by arville and trop was the new destination so I go there wait the 5 minutes call text no response and cancel the ride no show... got the $3.75 but cancellation rate jumps to 14% my highest ever lol what you gonna do but laugh.....I hate the new rider closer destination garbage never works..

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
get a ping this morning Monte Carlo Kool head that way just as I'm pulling in the uber lane there app says we have put you with a closer rider 7 min away.....I'm here what are doing already.... Charley's LBGT place there by arville and trop was the new destination so I go there wait the 5 minutes call text no response and cancel the ride no show... got the $3.75 but cancellation rate jumps to 14% my highest ever lol what you gonna do but laugh.....I hate the new rider closer destination garbage never works..
I hate that too. One time I had to kick 3 people out of my car just as I was starting the trip. It's like a scavenger hunt for drivers to make you feel like you are staying busy. When all the while it's a wild goose chase!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I hate the strip bc everytime I pass a property, I get pinged from that very property! Dropped off at PH registration yesterday went right on Harmon, right on LVB and get over to the left lane to pass Paris's hellish entrance and BAM. PH ping! Super annoying.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Had the same scenario last week. I had a pickup for the harrahs and as I'm arriving I get a pickup change to go to the flamingo. How is this closer if I'm 200ft away? So anyways I'm super pissed as I drive to the flamingo but than as I started the ride I saw their dropoff was at The D so than I wasn't so mad after all ha.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I hate that too. One time I had to kick 3 people out of my car just as I was starting the trip. It's like a scavenger hunt for drivers to make you feel like you are staying busy. When all the while it's a wild goose chase!
Morning freebyrdie, but remember, you guys are not taxi, you guys are a tech company, you can't stage like taxi, the idea is that you guys drive around until you get pinged, you guys knew this in advance , so why cry about it, tell me I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Morning freebyrdie, but remember, you guys are not taxi, you guys are a tech company, you can't stage like taxi, the idea is that you guys drive around until you get pinged, you guys knew this in advance , so why cry about it, tell me I'm wrong.
Lol I'm not crying. It happened to me twice, was almost a joke. I wasnt staging when it happened...I had driven from five minutes away. The app does burp sometimes, no big deal considering the millions and millions of rides it handles daily around the world. Come on...you rarely see me complain about anything on here. Except for liberals lol! I complain so little about Uber on here I am regularly confused for an Uber shill!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Your wrong

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
You're WRONG!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Speaking to lvcab? As in! Your information came from cab drivers or from the company they are employeed by? Or, your going to speak to the above mentioned to find out where it is written that Uber/lyft must continuously drive the streets of our lovely city until they get a "ping"?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Had the same scenario last week. I had a pickup for the harrahs and as I'm arriving I get a pickup change to go to the flamingo. How is this closer if I'm 200ft away? So anyways I'm super pissed as I drive to the flamingo but than as I started the ride I saw their dropoff was at The D so than I wasn't so mad after all ha.
For me, this is usually followed by, "Hey man, the app says I'm waiting for you at Flamingo, but I'm actually at Caesars Palace"

There are places where the resorts are okay with staging if you do it right and don't hinder their traffic flow. I'll let those who don't know them figure it out for themselves.

·
Premium Member
63,019 Posts
You can stage.
Stage for pings.

For me, this is usually followed by, "Hey man, the app says I'm waiting for you at Flamingo, but I'm actually at Caesars Palace"

There are places where the resorts are okay with staging if you do it right and don't hinder their traffic flow. I'll let those who don't know them figure it out for themselves.
If there are already 3-4 cars Staged,roll on.
Otherwise it ends for everyone.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Lol I'm not crying. It happened to me twice, was almost a joke. I wasnt staging when it happened...I had driven from five minutes away. The app does burp sometimes, no big deal considering the millions and millions of rides it handles daily around the world. Come on...you rarely see me complain about anything on here. Except for liberals lol! I complain so little about Uber on here I am regularly confused for an Uber shill!
Grandma uber never complains. You tell em grandma.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't stage unless I need a few minutes of down time. Once I'm in the rotation I stay busy. The arguement is that as Uber drivers it was expected that we stay in drive mode, passenger or not.

Grandma uber never complains. You tell em grandma.
Ummmm huh?!? Lmao

·
Premium Member
63,019 Posts
Agreed. so far, I've been no more than the second at one of my spots and I have always been the only one at another.
I never display stickers.
But doing 12 hour shifts,everyone who needs to,knows.

One of my staging spots upset the crack dealers . . .

·
Registered
450 Posts

Why you upsetting the airport gang?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I don't stage unless I need a few minutes of down time. Once I'm in the rotation I stay busy. The arguement is that as Uber drivers it was expected that we stay in drive mode, passenger or not.

Ummmm huh?!? Lmao
I only work evenings. I might find myself staging a couple times a week on the Strip, and for no more than 5 minutes when I do. More often, I'll drop a pax slow-roll my exit from rideshare pickup and have a ping before I leave.

Bonus points if your car looks like an undercover.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts