time and lost income.
Please eat, drink, and apply your makeup somewhere else,
other than inside of my car
!!

Incoming food is usually observable in advance, but, occasionally
during the ride, I hear the dreaded "click, click" of cosmetic makeup
containers opening. This is more apt to happen during
rides of 15 minutes or more.

Does anyone use stickers ("no eat/drink/or applying makeup") ?

I've considered composing a text message template to send PAX
in advance: (No eating, drinking allowed;/my max capacity is 4 people/
and please be advised that I observe "no unaccompanied minors"
and "child car seat" rules).
Ultimately, if pickup is 5 minutes or more away, I could send that text at
4:55 after the ping .... maybe they'll cancel (LOL).
(OK, I'm not totally serious about the text message idea, but, I
needed to rant a little more)

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
Dear Paxholes:
My car is not an eating place ... Please!!! No food, no drinks, no
smoking, no hairspray. Cleaning up spills and working to
get rid of food, smoke, odors, and dirty windows, costs me
time and lost income.
!!

I choose my battles. It's challenging enough to enforce open alcohol container, car seat, max capacity, seat belts and smoking. My position on food and make up is when I sense a possible problem I remind pax they are responsible for any mess after they leave and no one likes cleaning charges that uber assesses.
In 3 years I have only had 1 food related mess and no make up related messes so it isn't top on my aggrivation list. Edit; I did have one woman spray hair spray (and a lot of it) which did piss me off forcing me to open windows and led to mutual one stars and a report from me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I choose my battles. It's challenging enough to enforce open alcohol container, car seat, max capacity, seat belts and smoking. My position on food and make up is when I sense a possible problem I remind pax they are responsible for any mess after they leave and no one likes cleaning charges that uber assesses.
In 3 years I have only had 1 food related mess and no make up related messes so it isn't top on my aggravation list. Edit; I did have one woman spray hair spray (and a lot of it) which did piss me off forcing me to open windows and led to mutual one stars and a report from me.
The problem I've had lately is riders vaping in the car. Yes they can smell fruity, and are usually smokeless, but still. Can you wait five minutes until you get to your destination?

·
Registered
121 Posts
In 3 years I have only had 1 food related mess and no make up related messes so it isn't top on my aggrivation list. Edit; I did have one woman spray hair spray (and a lot of it) which did piss me off forcing me to open windows and led to mutual one stars and a report from me.
How is that even remotely ok? The fúck is wrong with some people. Not only is hair spray in public just weird as hell but spraying in a strangers enclosed car space! No fúcking logical thought at all.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Dear Paxholes:
time and lost income.
Members posted Uber profiles with funny or instructive text, so I added some of your wannabe text message into my Profile. I've also thought of sending it as a text in advance.

On Saturday nights, when a female Rider name comes up in the suburbs, and the duration could land near Concrete Cowboy, it's often FIVE girls wanting to cram in my car.

My problems lately have been glitter, and stuff left behind after bags or boxes were
put on the seat. I've had to clean foreign substances, whether plasterboard, ice melt, or unknown chalky stuff.
(I'm getting totalitarian about stuff going in the hatchback)

What's the problem with cosmetics, though? They need a light to do it? Or they're spritzing smelly stuff in the air?

The problem I've had lately is riders vaping in the car. Yes they can smell fruity, and are usually smokeless, but still. Can you wait five minutes until you get to your destination?
Is this with or without permission? I've had polite requests, always politely said No.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Is this with or without permission? I've had polite requests, always politely said No.
Without. I had a guy in the front seat take it out and puff on it. I said, "Hey, it's not cool to not ask first". He said my bad, and didn't take it out again.

It's the backseat passengers, who I can't monitor as closely that seem to be puffing it more discretely. I haven't had any smoke bombs go off in the car, so there's a positive.

I've had people downright ask to light up a cig in the car, and I said no. I don't smoke, and neither will you. And those requests usually come within five minutes of the destination. Go figure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I lock the door, roll down the window and state “I’m sorry but I don’t allow food/smoking/vaping/ or drinks without lids. If they give an attitude then I cancel. Not ruining my perfect rating because they think they can disrespect my property. It’s also stated on my profile.

When I first started driving I picked up a group and took them to a club. The woman sitting up front was easy on the eyes and seemed like a good ol Midwest gal. 2 minutes from the destination, she pulls out a bag of cocaine, says “this conversation is boring, I’m gonna have some fun” and snorts some off her finger. I was in shock and just continued on. One of the reasons I stopped driving Friday and Saturday nights

·
Registered
121 Posts
I lock the door, roll down the window and state "I'm sorry but I don't allow food/smoking/vaping/ or drinks without lids. If they give an attitude then I cancel. Not ruining my perfect rating because they think they can disrespect my property. It's also stated on my profile.

When I first started driving I picked up a group and took them to a club. The woman sitting up front was easy on the eyes and seemed like a good ol Midwest gal. 2 minutes from the destination, she pulls out a bag of cocaine, says "this conversation is boring, I'm gonna have some fun" and snorts some off her finger. I was in shock and just continued on. One of the reasons I stopped driving Friday and Saturday nights
People like her amuse me to no end. That is the type of lasting impression she wanted to leave you with. I'm sure in her mind she thinks, I'll never see this driver ever again so who cares. In reality, she has now ingrained that attitude on you which you have now past on to us.
What you should have done was scare the shit out of her, make the conversation real exciting and just casually say "I like your confidence, you just did cocaine in front of an off duty police officer." then when she freaks out and ask if you are a cop just casually say, no, but the conversation has gotten more exciting now didn't it? haha!

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
People like her amuse me to no end. That is the type of lasting impression she wanted to leave you with. I'm sure in her mind she thinks, I'll never see this driver ever again so who cares. In reality, she has now ingrained that attitude on you which you have now past on to us.
What you should have done was scare the shit out of her, make the conversation real exciting and just casually say "I like your confidence, you just did cocaine in front of an off duty police officer." then when she freaks out and ask if you are a cop just casually say, no, but the conversation has gotten more exciting now didn't it? haha!
Where's the LOVE IT! button?

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I lock the door, roll down the window and state "I'm sorry but I don't allow food/smoking/vaping/ or drinks without lids. If they give an attitude then I cancel. Not ruining my perfect rating because they think they can disrespect my property. It's also stated on my profile.

When I first started driving I picked up a group and took them to a club. The woman sitting up front was easy on the eyes and seemed like a good ol Midwest gal. 2 minutes from the destination, she pulls out a bag of cocaine, says "this conversation is boring, I'm gonna have some fun" and snorts some off her finger. I was in shock and just continued on. One of the reasons I stopped driving Friday and Saturday nights
she share or at least offer to share?

·
Premium Member
2,258 Posts
Dear Paxholes:
time and lost income.
!!

You can actually buy signs on Amazon or Wish that hang off the headrest from the front seat that say no eating, drinking, smoking etc.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dear Paxholes:
time and lost income.
!!

I put a note inside my car and ask politely not to eat in my car. Its working becuz riders always comment on it..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen
I don't need to give a pic. Just write a note saying don't eat in my car...simple as that...duh...I'm the owner of my car and my rules. If the riders don't like it they have an option to cancel ride as I have an option to cancel them...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts