Uber Drivers Forum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

· Registered
1,041 Posts
"Ant" "snowflake" call me whatever you want long as the rides keep coming. And hell yes I'm proud of it- I was willing to bust my ass without surge or boost, so you best bet I'm coming after serious #'s now that I got platinum for the week. Just let me know what fares you don't want and I'll gladly take them for you
Come back next week and show us. My numbers for 1st couple weeks were worse and they still not probably up to par.

· Registered
1,041 Posts
Thank you, sir!!!! If working 57 hours and 147 rides all over SoCal for the minimum is what it took for me to get platinum then I'm all for it and have no regrets. Just trying to do the same as every other driver and make some money to pay them bills.
You only need 75 rides and LA county

· Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Hello to you as well, Buddy. Im Gonna go hard as a mother to make and save some of this money so I can stop driving Uber and move on to what i really want to do. But man, if platinum Status works For me and pays well i might just stick to this longer. I love driving, i love the interaction and i dont mind hard work and the grind. I was willing to work 40+ hours For $1,000/week so this platinum thing is a serious bonus for me. So you DEFINITELY better watch out for this little snowflake my friend, cause I'll gladly take the rides you don't want
Sky is the limit. But hey, set a goal for yourself. No one will stop you from driving 24/7. When it is enough, call it a day. I used to insist driving when I see a surge, but now I will call it a day once I have hit my goal or become exhausted. There is always tomorrow before you get yourself burn out.

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Killing the surge

And killing the car.

How's the back?

I made just as much as you in half the time and half 70% less rides
Surge will be there when it's there.
I'm fine with wear and tear on my car
Back is fine, do a lot of stretching before, during and after work.

Got my platinum so hopefully this week will be easier on the hours while keeping the income flowing

· Registered
3,676 Posts
Did just over $600 in 22 hours last week on Gold. So, OP driving smart with almost 60 hours should be able to do close to $2k this week.
Cool this puts the Medal system you lucky LA drivers have into perspective for a SD driver with no incentives. I can book $600 in 20 hours on a decently surging weekend, so I feel better now. But I doubt I could expect $1200 if I tried driving another 20 hours on top because its so slow during the week.

· Premium Member
23,338 Posts
Cool this puts the Medal system you lucky LA drivers have into perspective for a SD driver with no incentives. I can book $600 in 20 hours on a decently surging weekend, so I feel better now. But I doubt I could expect $1200 if I tried driving another 20 hours on top because its so slow during the week.
To be clear, that's after Uber's cut & fuel. That said, I am getting the same take home I was a year ago without Incentives and all the Ants such brings in....

· Registered
3,676 Posts
yea I'm talking about net. when your averaging 2x surge fare you drive less and gas isn't as much an issue. so SD a little behind LA most likely. Thing is, you gotta live and drive in LA. yuk Also jumping through hoops for incentives is a pain. With 20 hours online I might have done 30-50 rides

Rectangle Electric blue Circle Magenta Font

· Premium Member
23,338 Posts
yea I'm talking about net. when your averaging 2x surge fare you drive less and gas isn't as much an issue. so SD a little behind LA most likely. Thing is, you gotta live and drive in LA. yuk Also jumping through hoops for incentives is a pain. With 20 hours online I might have done 30-50 rides

View attachment 49484
All well said...

I was driving Surge only for a month just prior to all this Incentives push and Earned 50% to 100% what I do now for same time driven. I am Gold, so only 1.8x now.

Best part about not having the Incentives in SD, I would guess is you still have Surge on a regular basis and no saturation of Drivers.

· Registered
3,676 Posts
All well said...

I was driving Surge only for a month just prior to all this Incentives push and Earned 50% to 100% what I do now for same time driven. I am Gold, so only 1.8x now.

Best part about not having the Incentives in SD, I would guess is you still have Surge on a regular basis and no saturation of Drivers.
your joking right. it's the opposite, high driver counts and diminished surge. I'm down to 20 hours online because there isn't much other time during the week I can bet on making 2x. THe medal system seems to be guaranteeing you 1.8x surge rates whenever you drive so long as you hit the marks. I'm guaranteeing myself 1.8x surge rates by limiting my drive time to busy hours and staying offline when not surged.

· Registered
3,676 Posts
whats nice about the medal system is that you can push your hours a lot higher and expect the same multiplier, but I'm at the mercy of SD fluctuating surge markets. I have to capitalize on the big event weekends to make up for downtime. Ultimately a rate of $2 a mile would solve all our problems, pax, drivers, ubers. so stupid we have operate like this to hit that tiny profit margin.

· Premium Member
23,338 Posts
whats nice about the medal system is that you can push your hours a lot higher and expect the same multiplier, but I'm at the mercy of SD fluctuating surge markets. I have to capitalize on the big event weekends to make up for downtime. Ultimately a rate of $2 a mile would solve all our problems, pax, drivers, ubers. so stupid we have operate like this to hit that tiny profit margin.
Think we are saying same thing....just from different places. Yes, I love the 1.8x Incentive, especially since it lands during the Fri/Sat nights I drive consistently. But, there are a LOT more drivers here now, too...

101 - 116 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.