Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 116 Posts

· Registered
626 Posts
These are the people that are going to ruin your summer, folks. Say hi to the pretty little snowflake doing 147 rides in a week with no boost and no surge.
We all have to earn Boost first and he had $182 in Surge. If he does 147 rides this week with Platinum he will blow all of us away.
The kid killed it and the only one who wrecks our week is us my friend.

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
These are the people that are going to ruin your summer, folks. Say hi to the pretty little snowflake doing 147 rides in a week with no boost and no surge.
Hello to you as well, Buddy. Im Gonna go hard as a mother to make and save some of this money so I can stop driving Uber and move on to what i really want to do. But man, if platinum Status works For me and pays well i might just stick to this longer. I love driving, i love the interaction and i dont mind hard work and the grind. I was willing to work 40+ hours For $1,000/week so this platinum thing is a serious bonus for me. So you DEFINITELY better watch out for this little snowflake my friend, cause I'll gladly take the rides you don't want

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
A typical ant.
Im just wondering how many like this driver are out there. And they are proud of it too.
"Ant" "snowflake" call me whatever you want long as the rides keep coming. And hell yes I'm proud of it- I was willing to bust my ass without surge or boost, so you best bet I'm coming after serious #'s now that I got platinum for the week. Just let me know what fares you don't want and I'll gladly take them for you

· Registered
626 Posts
Lol, well I guess I just figured out I messed up- thanks for letting me know, seriously. Not mad at all better that I learn now than keep making the same mistake. So how do you get platinum status and what exactly is the core? I've been driving all over the place LA, OC, northern San Diego. I haven't declined rides really, and just trying to figure out the game
You didn't mess up. You are putting the time in and getting experience. Everyone goes through the learning curve. Some in here seem to have forgotten that !

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
You didn't mess up. You are putting the time in and getting experience. Everyone goes through the learning curve. Some in here seem to have forgotten that !
Thank you, sir!!!! If working 57 hours and 147 rides all over SoCal for the minimum is what it took for me to get platinum then I'm all for it and have no regrets. Just trying to do the same as every other driver and make some money to pay them bills.

· Premium Member
14,371 Posts
"Ant" "snowflake" call me whatever you want long as the rides keep coming. And hell yes I'm proud of it- I was willing to bust my ass without surge or boost, so you best bet I'm coming after serious #'s now that I got platinum for the week. Just let me know what fares you don't want and I'll gladly take them for you
Monkey knows best, where is the duck and professional burrito thrower?
:p

· Banned
9,012 Posts
First post on this forum, hi All :)
Been driving for a month now and finally put in a decent week of driving. Hit $1,000 for the first time and stoked!!
Nice work. As long as your happy. Good for you. You should try getting a medal. Work on the boost. You can make more

Edit. Sorry just read. Congrats on the platinum status. That's key.

· Premium Member
3,001 Posts
I've got no problem with working hard. Any regular here will tell you I put in serious hours. What I do have a problem with are drivers who don't know how to work the system properly and ruin it for the rest of us. Going on the pax app at 3am on a saturday and seeing ants all over what should be surge zones like WeHo, Hwood, and DTLA instead of seeing the ants disappear because they're all logging off to let the surge build is incredibly frustrating.

I'm not saying don't go out there and work. Quite the contrary.

I'm saying work SMARTER, not harder.

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I've got no problem with working hard. Any regular here will tell you I put in serious hours. What I do have a problem with are drivers who don't know how to work the system properly and ruin it for the rest of us. Going on the pax app at 3am on a saturday and seeing ants all over what should be surge zones like WeHo, Hwood, and DTLA instead of seeing the ants disappear because they're all logging off to let the surge build is incredibly frustrating.

I'm not saying don't go out there and work. Quite the contrary.

I'm saying work SMARTER, not harder.
Yeah I'm definitely working at figuring out the tricks of the trade To maximize earnings. But truly, with Uber and Lyft working so hard to get new drivers in, I have a feeling that some surges that you veterans are accustomed to may eventually disappear. I'm new at this and even I can tell that there are a ton of Uber and Lyft drivers on the road with tons more signing up daily. Everyone and their momma is wanting to be an Uber or Lyft driver, either for the $$ or some just for mere curiosity of what it's like to drive for A ride sharing service. There are also a ton more new Riders everyday but they are catching on to this surge thing as well and are figuring out ways to beat the surges because someone else is training them not to take a ride until the surge disappears. Definitely wanna drive smarter not harder, but I will not pass up a ride with the hopes that a surge will come one so I can make more money. In my short time I've been in the middle of 2.5x + surges and won't get a ping, so that tells me that even when there is a surge, as a driver it's not guaranteed that I will get a ping. I'd love to be guaranteed a fare during a surge but since it's NOT guaranteed, I'd rather be guaranteed a ping at base fare than risk waiting for a surge ping that may never come. Welcome to the progression of Uber.

41 - 60 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.