Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 116 Posts

· Banned
6,929 Posts
Lol, well I guess I just figured out I messed up- thanks for letting me know, seriously. Not mad at all better that I learn now than keep making the same mistake. So how do you get platinum status and what exactly is the core? I've been driving all over the place LA, OC, northern San Diego. I haven't declined rides really, and just trying to figure out the game
75 rides in LA County will get you platinum status for the following week.

· Banned
6,929 Posts
This week you will be Platinum and if you do the same # of trips you will make 50% more. Nice work. Way to grind it out.
Actually is closer to 100% more.
Thank you. Imma grind it out some more to get this platinum stuff straightened out and get this $$
You should get an email around 7am telling you the hours you qualify for higher rates. With your work ethic, you should clear $1,500 pretty easily.

· Banned
2,280 Posts
Lol, well I guess I just figured out I messed up- thanks for letting me know, seriously. Not mad at all better that I learn now than keep making the same mistake. So how do you get platinum status and what exactly is the core? I've been driving all over the place LA, OC, northern San Diego. I haven't declined rides really, and just trying to figure out the game
You didn't mess up. Rookie mistake, everyone out here did the same. THE KEY IS TO WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER!!! You need to learn when and where to work to MAKE THE MOST MONEY FOR YOU. I still want to change your name to FUBER HERO.

· Premium Member
2,012 Posts
You did not do anything wrong, you just worked a lot of hours, and did a lot of rides for that money. There is a learning curve with this job and if you stay with it you will know what rides to accept, and which ones to pass on. Last week I made about $1000 working 40 hours and 87 rides (+$500 more with my boost).

You might qualify to get an earnings boost if you drive in certain areas at certain times when you do that many rides, but because you are so new you might not get it. I hope you do get it because you deserve it.

· Registered
1,426 Posts
First post on this forum, hi All :)
Been driving for a month now and finally put in a decent week of driving. Hit $1,000 for the first time and stoked!!
Ok, I will tell you.
You were logged in for almost 60 hours, so I guess you probably worked around 80. 2 full shifts.
You made $12.66 per hour minus $3.00 for gas, so you actually made $9.66 per hour. Now,I don't know what car you drive but some of that money is what you are borrowing from the depreciation of your car.
How many miles did you drive?
I am sure you are happy because you got some cash that you really need but you will eventually figure it out.
More than 1/2 the drivers las 3 weeeks.
Uber lives because they can always have new drivers that think they can make money.
Good luck.
Lplease let us know when you quit and why.

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Ok, I will tell you.
You were logged in for almost 60 hours, so I guess you probably worked around 80. 2 full shifts.
You made $12.66 per hour minus $3.00 for gas, so you actually made $9.66 per hour. Now,I don't know what car you drive but some of that money is what you are borrowing from the depreciation of your car.
How many miles did you drive?
I am sure you are happy because you got some cash that you really need but you will eventually figure it out.
More than 1/2 the drivers las 3 weeeks.
Uber lives because they can always have new drivers that think they can make money.
Good luck.
Lplease let us know when you quit and why.
I forgot, don't try to deny depreciation and maintenance like some people do, they are real.

· Premium Member
3,973 Posts
First post on this forum, hi All :)
Been driving for a month now and finally put in a decent week of driving. Hit $1,000 for the first time and stoked!!
That's like pushing yourself and your car to the limit. It's nice to make the money you need, but it is almost impossible to keep it the same way every week. Earn the metal tier and it should make your life easier ... Enjoy life ! :)

21 - 40 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.