Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I've been helping someone apply for Unemployment and their claim shows they have a weekly benefit amount of 0. The person I am helping is a taxi driver and filed over a month ago, before they had changed the application to specifically include all the Covid questions. He hasn't received anything saying his claim was denied but one message in his inbox says that his original continued claim contained mistakes but he has received nothing concerning what those mistakes might be and how to fix them. The EDD phone lines are impossible to reach even when waking up early and calling before they even open. What are people doing in this case? I have read that some people have been waiting and their UI is moved into Pandemic relief fund without having to do anything, is this true? Should I help this person start a new claim? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Hi there, I've been helping someone apply for Unemployment and their claim shows they have a weekly benefit amount of 0. The person I am helping is a taxi driver and filed over a month ago, before they had changed the application to specifically include all the Covid questions. He hasn't received anything saying his claim was denied but one message in his inbox says that his original continued claim contained mistakes but he has received nothing concerning what those mistakes might be and how to fix them. The EDD phone lines are impossible to reach even when waking up early and calling before they even open. What are people doing in this case? I have read that some people have been waiting and their UI is moved into Pandemic relief fund without having to do anything, is this true? Should I help this person start a new claim? Thanks!
The problem is that all states have thousands of pending applications, and a skeleton staff to process them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Los Angeles, CA, and got a letter saying I get $0 benefits the first time I applied. I applied again over a month ago, and no response from them, and online it still says my benefits are $0. I had the same experience trying to call EDD at different times even right when they open and at 2 different numbers. I don't think there is anyone answering phones which is horrible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hopefully someone can help me with this question. Im sorry but im not an uber driver but cant find help anywhere. Seems like good people here trying to help others. 5 days ago I applied for pua next day received an eligible notice. Now it says unresolved issue yes under summary-pua. I have been out of work for sometime and received the minimum of $181 per week. Can anyone tell me what could be the hold up? Possibly how long this may take to clear up? .and most important what are my chances. Thanks for any response.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts