Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UT students are the worst pax. I go offline when I am in the UT campus zone just so I dont get a ping. Pretty inconvenient when your home base is downtown.
-Almost always min fare
-show up and they have 7 people (typical example)
-Not ready
-Other kids try to claim they are the name of the pax you are looking for, they all jump in at once.
-always drunk
-tip, when pigs fly
-You cant go onto the campus which the kids refuse to help the drives out by going out to Kennedy

You lose money on UT kids, stay away. Maybe they will learn to appreciate Uber once they have to use cabs like a lot of us did in college.
BTW , I went to UT class of 02'. I love UT and I know their just kids, albeit entitled clueless millenials.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
UT has told some students not to call Uber from Campus. I also go there lots and really do not care if some security guard has a problem. I pick up or drop off and leave.

Also I have never had a problem with UT students. My experiences are just the opposite. Usually polite and interesting. Of course no tips but I am used to that.

I do need to add that I never work past 9pm. I don't haul drunks. If I think you are drunk you do not get in my car. I cancel and drive away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say your probably okay during the day but at night they have state troopers and campus security at the entrances. The UT cops can give tickets because its private property and they have made it known Uber is not allowed on campus. They have cabs lined up outside the dorms to disuade the students from calling Uber, which of course doesnt work. So thats what I meant. I have also gone on campus many times before I knew it was a waste of time. As of late though they are really locking it down.
Everyone should just stop picking up from there for this whole semester and see how they like cabs. Maybe they will appreciate Uber a bit more.....but probably not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snowtop, you said it right there. I am typically a day driver as well. Try working that area after 9 for a night and you will have a better understanding of the terror of drunk, entitled, rich kids from the northeast.
When my day carries into the night its so frustrating because after that first ping from Ut I'm basically forced off the road because I know its started. But thats fine cuz I like nice sober people during the day.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Stop picking up fares....my ass. Anywhere else you wish to boycott. How about USF lots of students there, SOHO again lots of short rides, drunls and students. Maybe the airport...never know what you will get there.

If you don't want to go to UT don't go but for a newbie to call for a boycott is just absurd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may be new to the forum but Im not a new driver. Ignoring all the other reasons I listed its just not economical. But please keep picking them up so I dont have to.

I guess I should say thanks?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Your Welcome. Get lots of rides to and from UT in the $12 to $15 range.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Snowtop, you said it right there. I am typically a day driver as well. Try working that area after 9 for a night and you will have a better understanding of the terror of drunk, entitled, rich kids from the northeast.

As I said I don't haul drunks at any time. Drunks are bad weather rich or poor, entitled or common, and I don't care where they come from. Seem you just don't like kids from UT drunk or sober.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Ratings nightmare with $4.00 fares of unappreciative kids.
Once I had this kid, he was right in the middle of the street and talking on the phone with me. Trying to learn where I am. I keep telling him I can see him and literally it is me and him in the middle of the road.
finally he comes in with his few other friends. the whole time he got on the phone and begging his rich dad to use special connections to get him internship.
his dad insists that he should try and find it on his own and he is not able to convince him.
The UT is a special breed of kids. USF has a lot of international students and they are rating-stingy! they will rate you very low almost all the time. you get typically longer fares from USF, especially on weekend evenings, days. but still, they rate low in general and they make you wait a lot. they have no concept of time as a commodity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts