Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly stayed out of Lyft; when the activity levels are this high I want to know for sure what I'm getting.

Stats:

July 3rd - 10 hrs - $270 ($20 was for a cash cellphone return).
July 4th - 7.5 hours - $260 - I stayed out to 3am or so to round out the night, which brought my average down. I was at $46/hr avg at 11:30pm

As suspected, the traffic kinda killed the value of the surge. However, it probably also increased it as it greatly limited the per driver volume of trips possible.

I had a poo pax at 4.5x complain that I was 'taking the long way to make more money' between OB and PB. Was trying to get on the sunset bridge but the police shut down the entrance from Nimitz so had to go to sports arena. That 7 miles took 1hr 15 minutes. Took $55 for that hour though. Had a 3x from PB to Hillcrest that took 50 minutes @ $30.

From a purely financial standpoint it made sense to drive, but that much traffic that slowly wears real quick. wasn't expecting any better, but probably the worst day driving from an experience standpoint I've ever had and aside from Poocomplainer, pax were cool.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Null, nice job and nice take-home over two days!

I drove on the 3rd not on the 4th, spent the 4th at the beach in PB (wasn't drinking, drove and parked half block off the beach, so no uber needed on my part). My worst trip, traffic wise, was USD/Morena area to MB. Took about 25-30 mins as WMB Dr was backed up all the way to Ingraham near Sea World. Other than that, I lucked out on the 3rd with traffic.

On the 3rd I stopped driving at 4pm due to holiday plans and took home $160. For the week, net over $410 plus a few cash tips, which is great for a PT gig. Back to the other job today.

Edit: didn't factor in Uber incentive.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did an all nighter I knew it was going to be good...I became a drone/ant yesterday... Calling the day or I should say the week!! Lots of POO at 3.0 couple of bad ratings because I feel obligated to tell poo riders how cheap the are...Overall a good night/day

Tuesday 7:53 am look at the surge still going I guess the ants can't work more than 16 hours a day!!

Gods day you all ✌

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had a poo pax at 4.5x complain that I was 'taking the long way to make more money' between OB and PB. Was trying to get on the sunset bridge but the police shut down the entrance from Nimitz so had to go to sports arena. That 7 miles took 1hr 15 minutes. Took $55 for that hour though. Had a 3x from PB to Hillcrest that took 50 minutes @ $30.
!???! A poo pax accusing you of trying to make more money off them!??!?

Say it ain't so!
They're lost in their righteous world that they forgot that poo rides are at a fixed price.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have to say, it was nice to see surge in the city again. Worked the surge and netted $210 off of 12 rides! I think I averaged 2X for the night. And the airport surge was a nice bonus.

Hope everybody had a safe holiday.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Select was off the hook surging all weekend. Our map looks different though, when I am on my X account I see honeycomb, when I am on Select I see this blocked color chart looking map. Check out that 5.9x surge down near the harbor. 5.9x on Select is $13.87/mile, I am not sure if anyone snagged one of those, but if you get someone going home like 10-15 miles away that is a $138-150 ride. I have a feeling the reason it was surging so much though, was due to extreme gridlock, and no drivers would be able to retrieve the passengers. Similar to the marathon, yea it was surging in San Diego, but I ended up with a non surge ride from a hotel near the convention center to the airport that was 4 miles and took 60 mins. I wasn't in the area otherwise I would have tried to get a ride there, but I have a feeling the people were way too buried to be picked up, hence the insane surge. I ended up all the way in North County at one point, and got requested by people on the military base, the surge was great, but I couldn't get on base, they weren't even allowing cars to try to get there, they only let people exit, cops were everywhere directing traffic out of the area.

Anyways, nice to see surge back. 85 miles for $415 Sunday & Monday this weekend, actual miles driven on trips, not including dead miles.

·
Registered
326 Posts
So it appears that the airport doesn't surge for select?

I got "lucky" and dropped a pax off right at waterfront park as the fireworks finale hit. I was able to snipe a 3.x outta there. Took a little bit to exit the area, but I'll take a $30 ride from the waterfront to hillcrest any day. 4 miles, and 33 min. It wasn't too bad!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have no idea why the airport is like that, I honestly have no idea why my map looks like that instead of honeycomb. I also do not have the little airplane icon on my Select account, so I don't even know if I am set up to do airport pickups on Select. I haven't really tried, I heard it isn't really worth it because you wait in line for a ride and then get someone going to downtown which is a 4 mile ride, kind of a gamble. I wouldn't mind trying airport pickups, I just don't know how to get Uber support to understand I don't have the little icon on my map for Select, I only have it for X.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
If I nailed all the Lyft guarantee hours I drove, between Uber and Lyft I should be at $374 for 11 hours door to door on the 4th. I wasn't online for the whole 11 hours, because I surge drive but it's only fair to base your actual time spent on the road.

I double hooked on all the high dollar Lyft hours in the 1 ride per hour zone so I minimized my rides and miles but it's tricky managing the data connections so I might have missed one hour. I also have to take some more Lyfts this week and get my acceptance rate back over 90% haha.

23 rides total, 100% surge

Worst traffic ride was 30 minutes getting to the shores from pb after the fireworks. Not terrible though because I caught a $40 uber outta there and turned it into a $70 hour. with time to make it back to PB and scoop another Lyft before the next hour ended.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My heat maps look the same on SUV Ubernic. Gets to be pretty useless when huge swaths of land are surging but no indication of where it is coming from.

Stats from the weekend:
Friday late start $182/6hrs
Saturday: $523/10.5hrs
Sunday: $492/12.5hrs
Monday: $432/13hrs
Tuesday: $455/12hrs

Sleeping for the next two days!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I worked 7 to 1145pm. Brought home 330$$ last year worked 7 hours for $400. Year before 7 hours for $620.

The nice thing about this year was I got 3 long pool rides at high surge. And 2 shorties at 5x surge. Took 1 Lyft rides for the 35, and 2 for the 45 an hour. My night went easy, prob could have worked later and made more, but had to be up at 6am for my real job and my last pool ride took me 10 minutes from my house. Every uber ride this weekend was surge only. Miss the good ol surge days

·
Registered
550 Posts
My heat maps look the same on SUV Ubernic. Gets to be pretty useless when huge swaths of land are surging but no indication of where it is coming from.

Stats from the weekend:
Friday late start $182/6hrs
Saturday: $523/10.5hrs
Sunday: $492/12.5hrs
Monday: $432/13hrs
Tuesday: $455/12hrs

Sleeping for the next two days!
Was this all from SUV? Or is this SUV+Black+Select? Those are incredible earnings, definitely jealous. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
If I nailed all the Lyft guarantee hours I drove, between Uber and Lyft I should be at $374 for 11 hours door to door on the 4th. I wasn't online for the whole 11 hours, because I surge drive but it's only fair to base your actual time spent on the road.

Lyft changed the way they calculate their garuntee. They don't pay per hour anymore. They take all the hours and average them.

I double hooked on all the high dollar Lyft hours in the 1 ride per hour zone so I minimized my rides and miles but it's tricky managing the data connections so I might have missed one hour. I also have to take some more Lyfts this week and get my acceptance rate back over 90% haha.

23 rides total, 100% surge

Worst traffic ride was 30 minutes getting to the shores from pb after the fireworks. Not terrible though because I caught a $40 uber outta there and turned it into a $70 hour. with time to make it back to PB and scoop another Lyft before the next hour ended.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts