Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a statie today threaten me. I was in the wrong spot for the c/e pickup area, the dang app direct you to go through c to get to e, I did this like 3 times tonight, until this incident no one had saidf a thing to me. It did seem weird to me but Im like maybe this is jsut what they make you do.

Cop:Youve been through here 5 times alreayd tonight and youve been told once nto to go through here!
Me: I explain to him its my first night and currently my third trip and no one had said anythong to me yet( Im still tryingto figure out where I was supposed to pull off at this point, yes it become obvious after this incident) .

Cop: Im nto gonna argue with you ******* do it again and Il have DPU pull your certificate so you cant drive anymore!
Me: Can you tell me where Im suppopsed to go then, this app keep stelling me to go through here.
Cop : Get the f**k outta here!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some simple signage would solve the issue. both uber and lyft show a path that goes right through c to the c/e lot instead of through E like its supposed to

·
Registered
793 Posts
Sorry to hear you experienced this. Unprofessional of the cop and that seems to be the attitude of lots of people working at an airport now-a-days. The idea of clean customer service is out the door and anytime you open your mouth your threatened by those with (or without) authority.

Just to help out the rest of us, looking at the following airport map, is the app's navigation directing you into the pull-in area for Terminal C when in fact it should be directing you past that area and then turning in just past there? (according to the map at the link below, scroll down just a little bit when you open the link)

I'm still waiting on my DPU certificate, but I want to make sure I'm squared away once I'm authorized to do pick-ups at Logan.

Thanks!

https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002048007-Boston-Logan-BOS-Airport-Regulations

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
State cops have never been pleasant at the airport. With that being said I don't like us Uber drivers either. Have you seen all the shenanigans Uber drivers pull in just one shift of driving? Now imagine you are a state cop and you see this all day every day. Just how much love do you expect these cops to have for us? Uber drivers should be thankful there isn't enough time in the day nor do they have the energy to give out all the tickets we deserve.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Should he have been nicer? Yes. But based on what I see at the airport for drop offs, I don't blame him getting mad and I'm afraid it is going to get worse and worse everywhere we go because of how some drivers operate. On my last airport trip, I watched two Uber vehicle just stop in the middle of the lane to let people out. Both drivers popped their trunk and let passengers basically stand in the road to struggle with luggage on their own while holding up lines of traffic. I know that drivers are pissed because of lack of tipping, but there is no excuse for this. You are doing a crappy job, putting people in danger and holding up traffic for everyone because you are either too dumb or too lazy to do a job the right way. I use the word you, but I doubt this applies to many of the posters here because at least common sense seems to be present here. But the airport has gotten bad and we only have other drivers to blame.

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
That's state police barracks Troop F.
That's right...F Troop.
One of em cut me off once around the old US Air departures B1.
But it was just a guy in his private SUV, wearing a sweatshirt.

I gave him the finger and right there and then he lifted his trooper hat off his shotgun seat and pulled me over.
"I oughta break your f*****g finger off @$$hole" he said.
I reminded him he wasn't a cop when I gave him the bird.
Swore at me for a few minutes then got bored and left.
You can't mess with F Troop, they will impound your car and arrest you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have seen Massport staff write down license plates of vehicles which do not pull over in the designated pick up area and they don't say anything to the drivers.
And then when I picked up the pax from the airport (terminal A) they told me the Massport employee was writing down all the license plates of drivers who did not park vehicle in the designated pick up area.
My friends Uber black driver did this and he got a $50 ticket in the mail.
You have been warned.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Why would you bother to look navigation for tnc pick up's if you get a ping for c/e just drive straight to terminal E this is the fastest way to get there.

I haven't had any bad experience with the state troopers yet, but what aggravates me is those bus drivers when I'm heading to Tnc for pick up if I have a bus in front of me they just slow me down, they drive like 10 mph,and the other one is when I go to B tnc limo drivers seems not to care about us they will stop in front of me and chat to security people.One more thing i hate how hard security personel slams my trunk.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The airport is where they send the problem children as punishment. You get the worst of the worst LEOs there.
Actually the airport detail is one of the toughest assigments to get into within the MSP. It typically takes quite a bit of seniority to get assigned there and then there is quite a bit of extra training on top of that because of terrorist and homeland security threats.

But thank you for playing.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Actually the airport detail is one of the toughest assigments to get into within the MSP. It typically takes quite a bit of seniority to get assigned there and then there is quite a bit of extra training on top of that because of terrorist and homeland security threats.

For real? Did not know that. So why the attitudes then?

·
Premium Member
4,745 Posts

Awww, someone drank the Kool aid I see.

Next you'll tell me SWAT is the elite unit yet they Swiss cheesed a boat in Watertown because of a stupid error on their part and still couldn't hit the kid.

Lol.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Awww, someone drank the Kool aid I see.

Next you'll tell me SWAT is the elite unit yet they Swiss cheesed a boat in Watertown because of a stupid error on their part and still couldn't hit the kid.

Lol.
Seeing that the state police doesn't even have a unit called SWAT shows how credible that you are.

For real? Did not know that. So why the attitudes then?
I am not saying it's right but I would venture to say it is because the vast majority of who they deal with at the airport are morons. It tends to eat away at one's patience. If you spend 10 minutes watching the interactions, you will see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
4,745 Posts
Swat, sert, stop team. Whatever they want to call it, it's all the same thing.

Have you read the after action report on the marathon bombing? They refer to themselves as SWAT in that and it's a very enlightening read overall.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Had a statie today threaten me. I was in the wrong spot for the c/e pickup area, the dang app direct you to go through c to get to e, I did this like 3 times tonight, until this incident no one had saidf a thing to me. It did seem weird to me but Im like maybe this is jsut what they make you do.

Cop:Youve been through here 5 times alreayd tonight and youve been told once nto to go through here!
Me: I explain to him its my first night and currently my third trip and no one had said anythong to me yet( Im still tryingto figure out where I was supposed to pull off at this point, yes it become obvious after this incident) .

Cop: Im nto gonna argue with you ******* do it again and Il have DPU pull your certificate so you cant drive anymore!
Me: Can you tell me where Im suppopsed to go then, this app keep stelling me to go through here.
Cop : Get the f**k outta here!
Welcome to troop F world in Logan. Troop F is among the worst staties. They treat every body harshly. There is been numerous TV report about troop F rudeness in Logan.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To those asking why not just go to E, refer to my orginal post. These were some of my first pickups, I had no idea unfortunately. Oh and yes he did say something about having my car impounded too. I get it's a hard job, but youd think with the way our social climate is at the moment they'd try to be a bit more professional. Regardless of how annoyed they may be by their jobs, as state troopers they should uphold a certain level of professionalism. I mean, at worst case, be a d**k, but at least verbally tell me what Im doing wrong and what I need to do to comply, instead of yelling at me like a frustrated teenager that doesnt know how to express themselves like an adult.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts