Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
1,983 Posts
EXCERPT: "Dollar started driving in October 2014. Within the first 30 days, Uber kicked her off its app, saying that a rider had complained. She was kicked off again several times, and Uber finally told her she could pay $50 to take a class to be reinstated.

She calls it a "rip-off," as Uber has taken billions from investors, but they made her pay for the class."​

If you get kicked off in the first 30 days, then you did one or several things horribly wrong. Kicked off several more times? She sounds totally unemployable. It's unfortunate that we have Americans that are so pathetic that they can't keep a job, any job, for any length of time, because of bad attitudes, horrifically poor job performance, and often enough, disgusting personal hygiene habits (read: non-existent).

There's no natural "right to a job" or "right to own your own business."

We all have to earn our way.

· Premium Member
2,389 Posts
EXCERPT: "Dollar started driving in October 2014. Within the first 30 days, Uber kicked her off its app, saying that a rider had complained. She was kicked off again several times, and Uber finally told her she could pay $50 to take a class to be reinstated.

She calls it a "rip-off," as Uber has taken billions from investors, but they made her pay for the class."​

If you get kicked off in the first 30 days, then you did one or several things horribly wrong. Kicked off several more times? She sounds totally unemployable. It's unfortunate that we have Americans that are so pathetic that they can't keep a job, any job, for any length of time, because of bad attitudes, horrifically poor job performance, and often enough, disgusting personal hygiene habits (read: non-existent).

There's no natural "right to a job" or "right to own your own business."

We all have to earn our way.
I completely agree. You have to be doing something *very* wrong to get deactivated in the first month. Especially when you consider that she was in a (new? at least new-ish) car via a Santander lease/loan.

Given that her and her children were sleeping in the car, I imagine vehicle cleanliness was probably a big issue.

I had a passenger back around Thanksgiving who had drank the Uber Kool-Aid. Telling me how amazing Uber was, and that she couldn't wait to start working for them after the holidays. How Uber was going to put her in a car, and she'd be able to easily earn enough to pay for the car, make a little extra money, and still work her other job. The auto-deduction from Uber pay was what most excited her.

There was no swaying her from this decision, even though I did advise her to make sure she would be able to earn enough driving to cover the costs... /shrug

· Registered
3,121 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.