Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone think state of origin 3 will have an impact to surges this Wednesday night?

I'm thinking if it does surge it will be more predictive.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hell yes! Last origin the surge was mental. All the pubs in the inner city, eastern suburbs and northern beaches will be stacked.

I regret not driving last origin, but i had suffered an injury and I couldn't. Looking forward to tomorrow night!

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My point is because the series has been decided do you think people are going to bother going out to pubs to watch it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
There was no surge in Brisbane last origin, despite there being demand. I was getting pings from 15 and 23mins away without any surge. It was an absolute joke. I hope for you guys down there it doesn't happen tomorrow night.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hell yes! Last origin the surge was mental. All the pubs in the inner city, eastern suburbs and northern beaches will be stacked.

I regret not driving last origin, but i had suffered an injury and I couldn't. Looking forward to tomorrow night!
An injury?

Possibly RSI from operating all the gadgets in your uber? ;)

#gadgetenvy

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I didn't even receive an email about tonight's origin. Looks like Uber isn't expecting a big night either.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm starting to think the weather will keep most at home. It's cold and windy.
My thoughts exactly. I don't feel like going out tonight so I doubt riders would either. Weekday mornings are different because they are forced to travel to work.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My thoughts exactly. I don't feel like going out tonight so I doubt riders would either. Weekday mornings are different because they are forced to travel to work.
Out of curiosity , what hours do you work in the morning and what are the busiest times?? I'm guessing between 4am and 10am??

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Out of curiosity , what hours do you work in the morning and what are the busiest times?? I'm guessing between 4am and 10am??
At the moment I try to get to the Leichhart area 6:30am to hopefully catch a ride into the CBD then try and do a few short trips and be at Bondi 8am and wait for it to surge. Goes quiet after 9am but if all goes well then I would have enough buffer to get home in a profitable state without more rides but will turn set destination on.

Mondays you can be out in the CBD around 4:30am as it does surge but have to be careful as they tend to be people staggering out of nightclubs so I would try and hang in Annandale or Balmain. If it surges North then I would head over the bridge as it is more likely to be an airport run.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
It's surging now (6:55pm) on the beaches around Cromer and Dee Why at 2.1 x surge.

I have a feeling it will be pretty good at 10pm onwards.

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was surging briefly pre dinner but didn't last long. I'm at the local RSL now but hardly anyone here watching the game.

Product World Font Communication Device Map

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's surging now (6:55pm) on the beaches around Cromer and Dee Why at 2.1 x surge.

I have a feeling it will be pretty good at 10pm onwards.
How did it go last night?

I noticed the surge after the game but not sustained.

World Font Communication Device Screenshot Poster
World Product Organism Font Screenshot
World Map Font Line Screenshot

·
Registered
86 Posts
what a come back! yeah i had a look after the game and it lasted 10-15 min, people still go out to watch the game in the stadium(61000+) and friend's place, but i reckon def not as many.
unlucky i only got one 1.2x around 6pm in the city

1 - 20 of 22 Posts