Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got approved for Lyft today, do you guys keep both apps on together or one at a time? Any suggestions or recommendations that you can share in general with me?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Run both and take the first call. If there is a chance that Uber is going to surge, turn it off until it does, but leave Lyft running. If Uber surges over 1.5x, turn Lyft off.

You never know if you got a primetime fare until you drop the pax off. It's one thing Lyft really needs to fix.

On LyftLine calls you can see where the rider is going after you accept by zooming the map out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
re: lyft, do not except exceptionally long rides with life. I got ripped off and not paid for a ride from LA to S.F. they said I didn't conform to their rules and regs...they are ****ing liars...... **** LYFT!

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I joined Lyft cos being referred and the $250 reward. To get $250 i had to complete 30 rides in 30 days.
Lyft demands were/are not much out there compared to Uber. So i had to focus on Lyft by hoping and accepting Lyft pings.
Once i got the $250.. i focus back on Uber as it has more surges and quantity.
And yes, more chances of getting tips in Lyft.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
re: lyft, do not except exceptionally long rides with life. I got ripped off and not paid for a ride from LA to S.F. they said I didn't conform to their rules and regs...they are ****ing liars...... **** LYFT!
I believe they have a 100 mile limit that they don't tell anyone about until it's too late.

·
Premium Member
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe they have a 100 mile limit that they don't tell anyone about until it's too late.
Thanks for the feedback, hopefully Lyft will add some $$ to my total driving day, Crazy they would allow a 100 plus drive to get booked if they are going yo give you shit over it..

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, hopefully Lyft will add some $$ to my total driving day, Crazy they would allow a 100 plus drive to get booked if they are going yo give you shit over it..
it's all time = money. you only have so many hours a day that you can drive.

Uber will dominate on requests and surges. When you take a Lyft call you take the time away from what you could've earn from Uber.

At the end of the day, your total earnings from Uber and Lyft is about the same as if you just did Uber all day. of course Lyft pays better and tips make a big difference but Uber surges consistently so you're time with Lyft will be minimal. also during non surge Lyft is prefered but again Uber calls dominate.

Good luck! I average about 3 to 4 Lyft calls a day on a 10 hour shift. the rest is Uber.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I guess it depends on where you're at and if you're trying to hit the 30 hour or 50 hour driver bonus. Hitting the 50 hour bonus and averaging tips is about equal to a 1.5x surge on Uber.
Lyft seems to be growing in LBC, kept me fairly busy last week with 85 rides. I typically do 50-60 rides a week on Lyft.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Run both and take the first call. If there is a chance that Uber is going to surge, turn it off until it does, but leave Lyft running. If Uber surges over 1.5x, turn Lyft off.

You never know if you got a primetime fare until you drop the pax off. It's one thing Lyft really needs to fix.
I do the exact same strategy!!
Also, when I receive a prime time ping on Lyft, the amount of the prime time appears (for me) next to the avatar on the request (bottom of the screen).

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Unless your shooting for the 20% bonus w/ 50hrs, Lyft will be a backup for Uber. However, there are those days where you'll get Lyft calls like crazy, just make sure that it's not because Uber is surging. Pax are getting wiser and will take advantage of you.
Also, I don't take calls from Lyft over 7 min away. I got cancelled on 5+ min into the pickup and there was no $5 cancel fee. brought it to cs attention but they just gave me some bullshit excuse. So no more long pickups for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts