Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting Jan. 1, 2017, mobile ride-hailing companies like Lyft and Uber will implement what the governor's office calls "the most stringent ride-for-hire background check system of any state in the country."

The agreements expedite new regulations signed in August by Gov. Charlie Baker, after Uber and Lyft independently agreed to move quicker than the law had originally stipulated. Starting in January, their contract drivers will undergo a full state Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) background check, including confirmation that the driver is not a registered sex offender. Massachusetts still will not require fingerprint background checks, despite law enforcement objections.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Mine started already. I guess everyone else's too?
1.png
2.png
My First Background check with Uber:
3.png

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Checkr's website.
IMG_6968.PNG

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
I got the same email saying that my driving record has already been checked and they will update me when the CORI and other reports are completed. A guy in the uber office in Boston also pointed out to me today that some of the drivers reports are already complete which explained why there were so many people in there today due to being deactivated.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
For those who absolutely need the income, could they Uber in RI or NH, assuming they live near those borders and could adjust to much lower earnings?

Or, is MA in the forefront, as they claim, setting the national model, and all other states will soon follow?

Hasn't NYC been the strictest Uber market...yet aren't they still flooded with drivers? Hmmmm...I wonder if those drivers could pass the new MA background check?

Just think, even without fingerprinting requirements, some drivers are bring dropped.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Ok so are we suppose to run our own background check?
No, it's done automatically. You are just able to go to Checkr's website and look at the results of previous Backgrounds check and the staus of the current one. If they started your Background check you should have gotten an E-mail I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
For those who absolutely need the income, could they Uber in RI or NH, assuming they live near those borders and could adjust to much lower earnings?

Or, is MA in the forefront, as they claim, setting the national model, and all other states will soon follow?

Hasn't NYC been the strictest Uber market...yet aren't they still flooded with drivers? Hmmmm...I wonder if those drivers could pass the new MA background check?

Just think, even without fingerprinting requirements, some drivers are bring dropped.
I might be wrong but what sets NYC and other states apart is the fact that you need TLC license plates on your car which will require you to have TLC drivers license and also the "not so tough Background check."

Reactions: BostonTaxiDriver

·
Banned
658 Posts
No, it's done automatically. You are just able to go to Checkr's website and look at the results of previous Backgrounds check and the staus of the current one. If they started your Background check you should have gotten an E-mail I believe.
So I went to checkr website and check my status . But they only have my record from previous background from 2015 not from this year.

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
So I went to checkr website and check my status . But they only have my record from previous background from 2015 not from this year.
Did Uber or Lyft send you an email about pre-qualifying? I got emails from both of them telling mine was going to be expedited since I was such a valued driver, blah, blah. Mine shows the 2015 completed and 2017 in process.

·
Banned
658 Posts
Did Uber or Lyft send you an email about pre-qualifying? I got emails from both of them telling mine was going to be expedited since I was such a valued driver, blah, blah. Mine shows the 2015 completed and 2017 in process.
No I haven't got any email from both platform regarding the background check. I guess I am not valuable driver for them. I will probably try to contact uber and I do not care about Lyft.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts