Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starbucks bathrooms are now open to anyone who wants to use them, whether they're a paying customer or not.
Chairman Howard Schultz announced the new policy on Thursday following the uproar over the way two black men were treated at a Starbucks (SBUX) in Philadelphia last month.

The men asked to use the bathroom, but an employee told them it was only for paying customers. When they then sat in the store without ordering anything, the manager called police, and the men were arrested for trespassing. No charges were filed.

"We don't want to become a public bathroom, but we're going to make the right decision 100% of the time and give people the key, because we don't want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you to the bathroom because you are less than. We want you to be more than," Schultz said during a talk at the Atlantic Council in Washington

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/10/news/companies/starbucks-howard-schultz-bathrooms/index.html

Kiro 7 did an interview with patrons of Starbucks and of course quite a few didn't like this idea because they said now all the restrooms will be dirty and homeless will be in there. Oh well....anyways Ants eat your best chili cheese buritos and head for the last starbucks you went to that you were greeted with snobbery when you asked to use the restroom.

Cartoon Organism Gesture Thumb Happy

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Starbucks bathrooms are now open to anyone who wants to use them, whether they're a paying customer or not.
Chairman Howard Schultz announced the new policy on Thursday following the uproar over the way two black men were treated at a Starbucks (SBUX) in Philadelphia last month.

The men asked to use the bathroom, but an employee told them it was only for paying customers. When they then sat in the store without ordering anything, the manager called police, and the men were arrested for trespassing. No charges were filed.

"We don't want to become a public bathroom, but we're going to make the right decision 100% of the time and give people the key, because we don't want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you to the bathroom because you are less than. We want you to be more than," Schultz said during a talk at the Atlantic Council in Washington

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/10/news/companies/starbucks-howard-schultz-bathrooms/index.html

Kiro 7 did an interview with patrons of Starbucks and of course quite a few didn't like this idea because they said now all the restrooms will be dirty and homeless will be in there. Oh well....anyways Ants eat your best chili cheese buritos and head for the last starbucks you went to that you were greeted with snobbery when you asked to use the restroom.

View attachment 228773
I skipped the whole thing. That picture and the ant description of it is what really cracked me up :D:D:D
Lissetti, you should seriously start blogging.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
The primary Starbucks locations I worked at had restrooms that were used by the all of the other businesses in the building. The building janitors had to clean them, not Starbucks employees. It was a huge benefit because of all the stories I heard from other Bux partners.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Remember I said on the other thread that SPD told me that any police station that is open 24/7 will let Uber/Lyft use their restroom. I guess Domino's drivers already do this regularly.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
"We don't want to become a public bathroom, but we're going to make the right decision 100% of the time and give people the key, because we don't want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you to the bathroom because you are less than. We want you to be more than," Schultz said
[Cringe]

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
With this news, ironically the worst Starbucks on US soil will most likely be the one across from HQ on 1st & Walker. Tent's & RV's all over the place in that area, plus disgruntled Amazon Flex workers are across the street. National Guard will need to post up on this location soon.

·
Premium Member
8,452 Posts
Remember I said on the other thread that SPD told me that any police station that is open 24/7 will let Uber/Lyft use their restroom. I guess Domino's drivers already do this regularly.
I'm seriously noting that. Esp if on cap hill cause the pricinct is right next to the bars. Do we need to show them our TNC badge to use it?

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm seriously noting that. Esp if on cap hill cause the pricinct is right next to the bars. Do we need to show them our TNC badge to use it?
Probably just your app. Remember this is in response to me getting a ticket for entering a park after hours to use the restroom, then the officer changed his mind and decided to dismiss it. The police said we can always use their restroom if the police station is one that is open 24/7. The police told me this after I asked what are we late night Uber drivers to do, especially women? Should Uber drivers start peeing in the streets? The response was to use police station restrooms. Domino's drivers already do.

·
Premium Member
8,452 Posts
Probably just your app. Remember this is in response to me getting a ticket for entering a park after hours to use the restroom, then the officer changed his mind and decided to dismiss it. The police said we can always use their restroom if the police station is one that is open 24/7. The police told me this after I asked what are we late night Uber drivers to do, especially women? Should Uber drivers start peeing in the streets? The response was to use police station restrooms. Domino's drivers already do.
There are a few places I don't mind whipping stuff out for a pee but cap hill is not one of em. It aould have to be far from and out of sight from other humans.

The case of the long haired bar flasher would be all over the news. 'He walked into this alley from an Uber and just... started peeing all over the place... and... he wasn't even drunk or homeless!! Where are the police to keep us safe from this monster?? Capitol Hill is a wholesome district!!'

If ai have to go while there, it's off to the 12th ave precinct I go (hi ho).

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There are a few places I don't mind whipping stuff out for a pee but cap hill is not one of em. It aould have to be far from and out of sight from other humans.

The case of the long haired bar flasher would be all over the news. 'He walked into this alley from an Uber and just... started peeing all over the place... and... he wasn't even drunk or homeless!! Where are the police to keep us safe from this monster?? Capitol Hill is a wholesome district!!'

If ai have to go while there, it's off to the 12th ave precinct I go (hi ho).
Worst case and your not near a restroom, I have a male friend who drives, and his trick is to open the passenger door ( to block view) then open the rear passenger door, then get between the open rear passenger door and the frame and squat down and pee aimed towards under the car while with his other hand he has a rag and pretends he's wiping something off the floor mats.

Ant done peeing, drives away. Hey there's a puddle!! Must be a radiator leak. Prove it's not! Who's going to come over and analyze that fluid?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts