Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got another Stamford/Greenwich ride a few days ago and thought I'd hang around the area, try to get a ride back. Two hours later and not single 45+ ping, not only that but I don't think I received a single ping while in Stamford (although I did receive a shorty in Greenwich, which I accepted to test whether CT works like Westchester - it doesn't - the ride was a CT to CT local). Unfortunately this seems to be a pattern, since I have never received a ping while in Stamford. Literally, not once. It doesn't matter what time of day, 3x surge, 0 surge, destination filter, no destination filter - you will never get a ride in Stamford. Anyone else get this vibe?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Believe me that is for the best. CT suck worse than Jersey rates. Do your self a favor. Anytime you drop off there, turn off your app, get on the 95 and turn your app on when you get near mount Vernon or north Bronx. Lots of BX people work in mt Vernon.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if the ride is back to nyc (45+) it is worth it

i would take it if to westchester too because of $15 "toll"

but i dont seem to get much of a choice...

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Got another Stamford/Greenwich ride a few days ago and thought I'd hang around the area, try to get a ride back. Two hours later and not single 45+ ping, not only that but I don't think I received a single ping while in Stamford (although I did receive a shorty in Greenwich, which I accepted to test whether CT works like Westchester - it doesn't - the ride was a CT to CT local). Unfortunately this seems to be a pattern, since I have never received a ping while in Stamford. Literally, not once. It doesn't matter what time of day, 3x surge, 0 surge, destination filter, no destination filter - you will never get a ride in Stamford. Anyone else get this vibe?
Trips going to JFK of lga are normally between 4am -6am and trips heading to the city are between 7pm and 11pm mon - thur

Believe me that is for the best. CT suck worse than Jersey rates. Do your self a favor. Anytime you drop off there, turn off your app, get on the 95 and turn your app on when you get near mount Vernon or north Bronx. Lots of BX people work in mt Vernon.
Ct rates are better than Jersey rates. And a trip from Stamford to the city pays $56-60 but that same trip in Westchester pays $30

·
Registered
593 Posts
The week of Thanksgiving I had a ride to Greenwich, CT and the next day a ride to New Canaan, CT. On the Greenwich ride I kept getting ping after ping after the drop off. I did about 5 trips. The rates were really low but I figured I would do a few to make up for the long ride back. All the trips are nothing more than taking locals to/from their homes to bars/restaurants. Most times the trip to get to the person is longer than the ride. One trip was a bunch of young yuppie drunk kids that were a total pain in the ass and very rude. On the next trip to CT, I turned off the app and headed back on I-95 and got out of dodge real quick. It sucks up there.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
This week i.i went twice to Connecticut .And one time to white plain,when i dropped off .I used the FD towards the city.I got a passenger to The BRONX from white plain .But nothing from Connecticut.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
The week of Thanksgiving I had a ride to Greenwich, CT and the next day a ride to New Canaan, CT. On the Greenwich ride I kept getting ping after ping after the drop off. I did about 5 trips. The rates were really low but I figured I would do a few to make up for the long ride back. All the trips are nothing more than taking locals to/from their homes to bars/restaurants. Most times the trip to get to the person is longer than the ride. One trip was a bunch of young yuppie drunk kids that were a total pain in the ass and very rude. On the next trip to CT, I turned off the app and headed back on I-95 and got out of dodge real quick. It sucks up there.
That's usually how those people are bro.
I get out of there and usually get something DECENT in Mount Vernon, White Plains or the Bronx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts