Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey if anyone is thinking about buying one, give me a shout. started using mine recently and its already paying off. If i can get a referral they give you(us) free processing up to 1000 for 180 days. Pm me please!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
You are a true moron if you are taking passenger fares with Square.

You understand that in doing so you are driving without insurance right?

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts

How is it you don't even know what he is using it for and you are already bashing the dude. You guys really get off by harassing and bashing people geesh.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I never said anything about taking fares with them. It's for tips, 1000 in free processing would most likely last a good portion of the 180 days. I will admit I have been contemplating getting livery plates as I do get alot of requests/questions about requesting myself specifically.

How are you using yours?
For tips of course. I have a kiosk tablet setup that Ive put together. It allows clients to pick music from spotify ( I control the volume), Change the colors of the leds in my car (plus other fun options) and of course tip me in the square app. I just started using it full time this weekend and made 20 bucks in tips with it(5,5,10). It's rare but when it happens its typically higer than a cash tip.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey if anyone is thinking about buying one, give me a shout. started using mine recently and its already paying off. If i can get a referral they give you(us) free processing up to 1000 for 180 days. Pm me please!
I know some people who use them and they luv it. I was seriously thinking about getting one when I drove full time but not driving as much as I used to.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know some people who use them and they luv it. I was seriously thinking about getting one when I drove full time but not driving as much as I used to.
yep. its paying for itself already. I did lose 5 bucks when I had an issue getting it to pair correctly. I find the tips on average are higher than cash tips. I also noticed I havent heard the following phrase since I started using it "Id tip you but I dont have any cash on me".
I am trying to transition to Lyft full time instead of Uber. I did nothign but Lyft yesterday and clients tipped mroe often, but the split between cash and credit/app was abotu the same as usual. I think the in app tipping actually kind of takes away from the experience as you dont typically get to exchange pleasantries/appreciation unless you bring it up. A fair amount still liek to tip in cash anyway as they value the interaction of giving it to you and knowing you appreciated it. The square is also turning out to be another good conversation starter to lead to tips as well.

·
Registered
299 Posts
yep. its paying for itself already. I did lose 5 bucks when I had an issue getting it to pair correctly. I find the tips on average are higher than cash tips. I also noticed I havent heard the following phrase since I started using it "Id tip you but I dont have any cash on me".
I am trying to transition to Lyft full time instead of Uber. I did nothign but Lyft yesterday and clients tipped mroe often, but the split between cash and credit/app was abotu the same as usual. I think the in app tipping actually kind of takes away from the experience as you dont typically get to exchange pleasantries/appreciation unless you bring it up. A fair amount still liek to tip in cash anyway as they value the interaction of giving it to you and knowing you appreciated it. The square is also turning out to be another good conversation starter to lead to tips as well.
I bet. I've actually had pax recommend the square to me, more then once.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts