Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your preference of having radio playing vs spotify playlist, or nothing at all??

I mostly drive weekend nights so I usually have dance kinda music playing which most people seem to like. Turn it down if an old or boring type person gets in though

Also, anyone figured out how to get the Uber alert tone play through just the phone instead of through the whole car? I have iphone and sometimes miss jobs if I turned the car volume all the way down. In contrast, sometimes nearly blow my head off getting a ping if the passengers are grooving away to full volume

TIA

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
I like absolute control over my environment when I am driving. That extends to the music I play. I have several gigabytes of music on a USB stick that I plug into my car. Most of the music is for me, but I have some other genres of music that I can select from if needed. For example my wife likes 60s/70s pop. So I have a large playlist of 60s/70s pop hits for her. Pax are too easily offended to simply play the radio for them. I'd go with Spotify over the radio.

I pair up my phone with a Bluetooth earpiece rather than pairing it up with my car. All Uber alert tones and navigation information is sent to my Bluetooth earpiece where only I hear it. If I pair my phone with my car and do rideshare I run into problems with the rideshare app. So I just avoid pairing my phone with my car.

·
Premium Member
15,802 Posts
XM The Blend channel. No complaints. Only request is the volume if pax jumps on a call. No problemo. Most don't even ask I have to look to see they are on a call and lower the volume automatically.

·
Premium Member
11,452 Posts
I left the radio off.
I would talk to them about them. What do you do for a living? Do you like it?
Is there any job openings right now?

You can't prospect for a better job if the radio is blaring.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
I generally don't have the radio on when driving passengers. Sometimes I might put on XM. The Pulse is a good all-purpose channel, because it plays modern "Hot AC" selections which can appeal to a very broad 18-50+ demographic. It's nothing too wild, but it's not elevator music, oldies, rap, or death metal either.

I'd rather try to have a conversation with the passenger, if it seems they're up for that. Here in the Midwest, people are fairly neighborly even with complete strangers. I'll try that approach first, and if the person wants to be left alone, silence it is. If the silence gets too awkward, the radio might come on at a low volume.

·
Premium Member
8,642 Posts
XM The Blend channel. No complaints. Only request is the volume if pax jumps on a call. No problemo. Most don't even ask I have to look to see they are on a call and lower the volume automatically.
And, its tax deductible too. Satellite radio doesn't need to use your data That's a good thing.

:geek: :geek: :geek:

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
What's your preference of having radio playing vs spotify playlist, or nothing at all??

I mostly drive weekend nights so I usually have dance kinda music playing which most people seem to like. Turn it down if an old or boring type person gets in though

Also, anyone figured out how to get the Uber alert tone play through just the phone instead of through the whole car? I have iphone and sometimes miss jobs if I turned the car volume all the way down. In contrast, sometimes nearly blow my head off getting a ping if the passengers are grooving away to full volume

TIA
I have an old iPhone connected via USB to my car stereo. When I am doing rideshare it plays in carefully selected playlist of songs that are positive and upbeat with uplifting lyrics. BTW I have a 5.0 rating on both Uber and Lyft.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
I have an old iPhone connected via USB to my car stereo. When I am doing rideshare it plays in carefully selected playlist of songs that are positive and upbeat with uplifting lyrics. BTW I have a 5.0 rating on both Uber and Lyft.
Lol.... Cult much?

5 radio presets... No aux cord outlet!

Hip hop
Easy listening
Classic rock
ALT rock
Heavy rock

I PROFILE the rider and select music I think they would like to hear.
Most times not a complaint.... But good music turn it up a bit!

·
Premium Member
198 Posts

Lol.... Cult much?

5 radio presets... No aux cord outlet!

Hip hop
Easy listening
Classic rock
ALT rock
Heavy rock

I PROFILE the rider and select music I think they would like to hear.
Most times not a complaint.... But good music turn it up a bit!
Stereotype much? You do you. I’ll do me. I will stack my 5.0 rating up against anyone.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Stereotype much? You do you. I’ll do me. I will stack my 5.0 rating up against anyone.
I wasn't stereotyping you dude.

And you can take your ratings along with all those badges you must have and love so much and go buy something with him.. I mean go ahead try it buy something with them.

And if you really wanted me to stereotype your ass, when I got done with your profile I wouldn't be allowed back on this site.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I wasn't stereotyping you dude.

And you can take your ratings along with all those badges you must have and love so much and go buy something with him.. I mean go ahead try it buy something with them, jackass.

And if you really wanted me to stereotype your ass, when I got done with your profile I wouldn't be allowed back on this site.
Are you seriously not bright enough to realize that you are stereotyping passengers based on their appearance?

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Are you seriously not bright enough to realize that you are stereotyping passengers based on their appearance?
Are you smart enough that there is a difference?

As nouns the difference between stereotype and profile
is that stereotype is a conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image while profile is (countable) the outermost shape, view, or edge of an object.
As verbs the difference between stereotype and profile
is that stereotype is to make a stereotype of someone or something, or characterize someone by a stereotype while profile is to create a summary or collection of information, especially about a person.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Are you smart enough that there is a difference?

As nouns the difference between stereotype and profile
is that stereotype is a conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image while profile is (countable) the outermost shape, view, or edge of an object.
As verbs the difference between stereotype and profile
is that stereotype is to make a stereotype of someone or something, or characterize someone by a stereotype while profile is to create a summary or collection of information, especially about a person.
Thank you for proving my point with your post. But I doubt you were bright enough to figure that out.

·
Premium Member
15,802 Posts
And, its tax deductible too.
not 100% if you use your car for personal stuff. In my case it would be a tiny percent, not worth the hassle of trying to justify it or figure out just what the slice is.

Reactions: Christinebitg

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Thank you for proving my point with your post. But I doubt you were bright enough to figure that out.
Profiling the practice of categorizing people and predicting their behaviors according to the particular characteristics such as race and age

Stereotyping a conventional formulaic and oversimplified conception opinion or image

yes I do know the difference. Not all black men listen to rap....especially ones with a leather jacket and slipknot t-shirt.

Profiling takes said info leather jacket, black man and slipknot t-shirt in the ghetto and I'd say the profile would be metal head.

Stereotyping would call same man a thug In da hood, Based on nothing but status quo.

No offense to the black race in any matter.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well that took a turn! Ps I usually have music pretty low volume unless the passenger asks to turn it up. Or if they turn it up themselves 🤣 I’m in Australia so a lot of passengers sit in the front, especially solo passengers

·
6,122 Posts
I use XM, standard channel for the first week or so of the month is Classic Rewind. When I notice a lot of repeats I switch to Classic Vinyl, then to Hair Nation, and finally 80's on 8. If a PAX requests a channel I will put it on. I don't really care I will listen to anything. Rarely does a PAX ask for a specific station. If they do it is the drunk ladies in their mid 20's that want Country music.

·
Premium Member
6,991 Posts
With passengers in the car I keep the radio tuned to the local indie station for classic/light rock and alternative music, volume low. When I'm alone I have talk radio going.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts