Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Typical UberPeople.net narrative:

"Hey guys. Dont drive in Jersey because if the cops catch you they will arrest you and impound your car. Your insurance will drop you. Your driving "abstract" at the DMV will forever be tarnished. You will come out of this carless with no insurance company willing to take you facing jail time..."

HAHA! Ive been driving since September with over 1500 rides and found this narrative I commonly see on here to be completely FALSE! Sure, you MIGHT get ticket but Uber pays for the defense and all bills. In my case, I got 1 ticket (which Uber paid for) out of 1500 rides. Those are awesome odds and its a no brainer when Ubers experienced legal team is on the job looking out.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tickets only occur in a few well known areas and they occur rarely at that. When they do happen, Uber is there for you. I wouldnt let that scare you.

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Tickets only occur in a few well known areas and they occur rarely at that. When they do happen, Uber is there for you. I wouldnt let that scare you.
I will say that the narrative at times is over the top. Its coming mostly from Limo and Cab drivers that want to act like saints, like they never did or do anything illegal ever in their lives or its coming from ex-Uber drivers that need to justify why they don't drive anymore and hate seeing other people making money. With all that said, to say that "tickets only occur in a few well known areas and they occur rarely at that" isn't accurate either. Belmar, Manasquan, and Sea Girt are absolutely looking to ticket Uber drivers and are doing so every day. If you drive in those areas at the prime times meaning from say 7pm-2am you are going to get a ticket at some point. Finding a legal parking spot is near impossible by the Parker House, or by Osprey and Leggets and the summer rent-a-cops are lurking in the shadows waiting to give a ticket.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not received any tickets at the shore at all. I do know the police are very aggressive down there in any event. I have a radar detector and it keeps going off everywhere down there. I always see police out on the roads. Uber drivers need to fear speeding tickets first and foremost at the shore. I see people getting pulled over all the time down there for all sorts of things. Ive been told by people who live there that if I see a sign for 45 mph, I go 40. If I see a sign saying 35, I go 30. This sounds like sound advice.

I was hanging out in the Bayhead train station when a Bayhead cop pulled up in their silver SUV. I wasnt sure what they were doing or what they were up to. However, as soon as he pulled in, I pulled out and moved over to the larger parking lot with actual legal spots just to be on the safe side. I wasnt going to test the waters. The smaller parking lot has no legal spots to park. So if the cops do show up or you do see them, I would avoid them and go in the other direction or make sure you are not in a place where its not 100% legal to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts