Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but at a different gas station.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Boston, and there are quite a few Speedway gas stations in the area. Through August, they are deducting 10 cents per gallon of gasoline, for every $3 spent inside the store. It is accumulative, so every time you spend $3 inside, you get another 10 cents added to your card. You just ask for a Speedways Reward Card, and you an additional 10 cents off gas, for every $3+ purchase. The card is free. I use the card to buy fuel treatment, phone cords, air fresheners, oil, snacks, car wash, etc. Then I use the Uber gas card to save an additional 1.5% on each purchase at the Speedway.

Yesterday, I used the card with my accumulated discounts. Instead of paying $2.29 per gallon for regular gas, I only paid $1.29 per gallon. I filled up 16 gallons into my tank, and saved $16 total. Plus, I used my Uber gas card and saved an additional 1.5% (or 31 cents more). So, I spent $20.33 instead of $36.64 --- a savings of $16.31 total.

Plus, they issuing coupons each week for free food and soda. Another reason to go inside

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well, you didn't save if you weren't going to buy those things in the first place. You spent $30 to save $16. If you were already going to buy those things, then i suppose you did save.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not so fast, Speedy Gonzalez - Since I am an Uber driver, travelling for several hours at a time, yes I do need fuel treatment, phone cords, air fresheners, oil, snacks, car wash, etc. Except for the snack, they all can count as possible deductions on income tax returns for 2017. The snacks are just an added bonus!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts