Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ended up in Indiana and got pulled over for speeding. Didn’t see a sign and I’ve never been in the area.

So my question is will uber fire you if you have a speeding violation on your record?

I really want to contest but idk. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Call the ticket clinic or find a cheap traffic attorney. If you pay it, it stays on your record. You might be able to not have it on your record. It is in Indiana. You’ll probably have to go to court there. Call ticket clinic first thing tomorrow and see what they can suggest.

Doesn’t stay on your record forever... I forgot how long (1-2 years, maybe?)

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
So I ended up in Indiana and got pulled over for speeding. Didn't see a sign and I've never been in the area.

So my question is will uber fire you if you have a speeding violation on your record?

I really want to contest but idk. Any help is appreciated.
Just one? No, but your insurance will go up next time it renews. The ticket will stay on your record for 3 years, then providing you haven't gotten anymore, the slate is wiped clean.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Call the ticket clinic or find a cheap traffic attorney. If you pay it, it stays on your record. You might be able to not have it on your record. It is in Indiana. You'll probably have to go to court there. Call ticket clinic first thing tomorrow and see what they can suggest.

Doesn't stay on your record forever... I forgot how long (1-2 years, maybe?)
Go to court and plead "not guilty". You'll find a lawyer at the courthouse. Most likely, if you have a clean driving record, your "conviction " won't go on your record if you don't get another ticket in 6 months, but you might have to make another court appearance. You'll still pay a fine and court costs.
Uber won't deactivate you for one speeding ticket as long as it is not for reckless driving.

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Read the back of the ticket. They usually have language that tells you whether you can just pay a fine and do the online traffic school. If not, call the court clerk and ask. If that's a no go, talk to a lawyer.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I don’t know in Indiana, in Illinois you are able to pay the ticket, get supervision one year, do online course for that and you should be fine. Now it all depends of how fast you were going.... some speeds don’t qualify for supervision so check with a lawer.
Did the ticket tells you to go to court? If not you can choose from 2-3 options on the back and let them know what you want to do. Hard to fight a speed ticket out of cook county, even out of Chicago. I have a good lawer for 50 w washington if someone ever go there.....

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I don't know in Indiana, in Illinois you are able to pay the ticket, get supervision one year, do online course for that and you should be fine. Now it all depends of how fast you were going.... some speeds don't qualify for supervision so check with a lawer.
Did the ticket tells you to go to court? If not you can choose from 2-3 options on the back and let them know what you want to do. Hard to fight a speed ticket out of cook county, even out of Chicago. I have a good lawer for 50 w washington if someone ever go there.....
I know because I live in Hobart, IN and got a ticket in Munster, IN for running a red light. In Indiana you'll go to the court in the town or county where the ticket was issued. If the ticket was on I-94 in Lake County, IN you'll most likely go to Crown Point, IN.
Thanks guys I was caught going 14 over the speed limit

49 in a 35
Where at? what town? Some towns have their own court because they don't like sharing the fines.

a

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Lake county Hammond Indiana and yea the court option would be to go to crown point.
Illinois cops, especially troopers on Chicago expressways, are notorious for allowing traffic to go over the limit. I don't Uber in Indiana but go there a lot for my other job and was wondering how much over you can get away with?

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
All 50 states share their driving records. And now that may also include the military driving records.
The article I referenced says that through the two main agreements for sharing violations 44 states participate. In my personal experience, :eek::oops: Oklahoma had a reciprocal agreement with California way back in 1967. The funny part was that when I asked the Justice of the Peace about that issue as I was paying the $20 bail, and he replied, "Son, this is between you, me, and the office whut wrote the ticket." (Oklahoma vernacular):p

Reactions: pizza guy
1 - 17 of 17 Posts