Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure most of u know this but noobs like me get caught at 4 am by the coppers. He felt bad cause I was working Uber but gave me a ticket and tipped me that there is going to be a trap down on Montlake in the mornings for quite awhile.

Great morning with some 3.5 surges to pay that baby!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sure most of u know this but noobs like me get caught at 4 am by the coppers. He felt bad cause I was working Uber but gave me a ticket and tipped me that there is going to be a trap down on Montlake in the mornings for quite awhile.

Great morning with some 3.5 surges to pay that baby!
It's only a trap if you're speeding.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,576 Posts
There was a conference down at the Fisher Pavilion tonight and when it let out all the executives were standing on 5th just north of Denny requesting Uber's. I would never stop there but I saw 10 Ants already lined up blocking traffic with their flashers on. I was car number 11, no flashers. Then here came SPD pulling up with lights flashing and blocking the Ants in, then getting out and speaking with the drivers. I very slowly backed up and got away from the Ant cluster. Then my pax texts me and says she's standing on the curb directly on 5th and Denny.

Yeah right! Really.....I'm supposed to pull past all cops and Ants and commit a bigger offense, stop on the intersection right in front of the cops?? So far they hadn't noticed me because I had inched my way back to Harrison street. (Couldn't pull in because of tour busses. )

I told her I was a 150 feet from her and I was not going to stop on the street with the police there insuing tickets. She finally walked.......OMG .......150 feet to me. Must have burned a whole 20 calories doing so. Finally she gets in and we slip out of there unnoticed. It was a good 1.4 to Bellevue.

·
Premium Member
8,452 Posts
Must be in the day. SPD are pretty forgiving about that at night. Last night had to pick up pax from
The apace needle right on broad. The loop was closed off and there are no legal places to stop.

·
Premium Member
8,452 Posts
Space Needle Loop Nazi! mean valet SOB's
They had a white picket fence and cones out... next to a sea of dark suits, serious faces and giant lanyards. I drove this one really cool attorney who was wearing a loud tie die shirt, shades and old jean shorts, talking about how the edibles in WA are great. There's got to be a kindred in every crowd, right? He must be the IP lawyer for surfer dude companies in Hawaii or something. Lol :D

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I think my fees were @ $300.
I thought it was worth it as it kept it off my record.

Don’t be so quick to pass judgement on yourself. Cops are human, too, and they make mistakes. And a lawyer can help shed light on those mistakes.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Must be in the day. SPD are pretty forgiving about that at night. Last night had to pick up pax from
The apace needle right on broad. The loop was closed off and there are no legal places to stop.
They were being sticklers about it in front of Aston Manor a few days ago. No other cars in sight on a weekday and they gotta go bust on a bunch of Priuses. :/

How much it cost to beat a ticket that u most likely guilty (okay 100% guilty).
$250-350. 90% of the time, they can get you off. 10% of the time, you'll be left unsatisfied. I mean, it'll be a reduction to a non-moving violation.

Also, it depends where and under what circumstances. I caught a ticket on Mercer Island for 10 over and the prosecutor wouldn't budge without me taking a drivers safety course and only reduced it to "inattention."

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts

Don't be so quick to pass judgement on yourself. Cops are human, too, and they make mistakes. And a lawyer can help shed light on those mistakes.

Good luck.
having a clean record is an excellent bargaining tool in court. It's worth the $300 to protect it for potential future legal problems.

1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Don't be so quick to pass judgement on yourself. Cops are human, too, and they make mistakes. And a lawyer can help shed light on those mistakes.

Good luck.
LOL, yes they are human, but I was speeding my ass off. 4 AM Montlake no traffic, come on that should be at least an 80 MPH min.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts