Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the past few months I've been using a spreadsheet I made this to track income from uber/lyft as well as expenses and average hourly wage. Only fields you have to enter is total miles, trips, hours, gas cost and any miscellaneous expenses and the rest is calculated for you.

I just wanted to share this with fellow drivers to give them a sense of their profits after driving for a day. If you have any improvements you think I can make just let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v1GbSPPphfO_3Z7qKhDATaT7ajelWYpNTARmJoH3HKY/edit?usp=sharing

·
Registered
555 Posts
I see you aren't including depreciation/maintenance in your net. Assuming you are driving a Select car then the IRS rate of .57 per mile should be a reasonable ballpark approximation of your vehicle costs per mile. So to get closer to your true net you should say G - H = Q... so about $115 before misc expenses. Your gas cost is include in that .57.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That's a great idea. I use my own spreadsheet avast Free. I got it from openoffice.org. I use it to track my income from 3 different sources. I'll keep track of my bills my credit card limits my bank account. I've also included daily weekly monthly and yearly income projections based on a running average starting January 1st.

Call it a treasure map. Call it a blueprint. I would be lost without it

·
Registered
555 Posts
Oh, and nice spreadsheet. I wish I came across this last night when I was creating an Uber driving spreadsheet (first time creating a spreadsheet, I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to make a function apply to an entire column).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see you aren't including depreciation/maintenance in your net. Assuming you are driving a Select car then the IRS rate of .57 per mile should be a reasonable ballpark approximation of your vehicle costs per mile. So to get closer to your true net you should say G - H = Q... so about $115 before misc expenses. Your gas cost is include in that .57.
For the maintenance I include it in the misc. expenses column along with repairs & car washes. Not sure how to included calculations for depreciation - maybe I could do something with the total mileage for it. My car is pretty much at the bottom price line level now so that's why I didn't try to figure out depreciation too much for myself.

When I helped out some friends with this spreadsheet, I was amazed at how many days they drove for less than $10/hour. Hopefully the spreadsheet will wake up some people and not have them driving around for minimum wage.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah, my hourly after gas is $10.50, my net hourly is $8.30. Interestingly, OC Uber advertises $16/hour for drivers. That's pretty much my exact gross. Fwiw, I've only been driving for seventeen days, I expect my hourly will improve as I get to know the tendencies of my area.

Using KBB, I figured out my car is worth $6k in good condition and would be worth $2700 less with 100k more miles in fair condition. Therefore, my cost per mile for depreciation would be $.027 per mile. However, I use $.06 per mile in my calculations because there is a fair chance that my car will just blow up within the next 100k miles, so I basically just made some sort of actuarial guess. For maintenance I use $.05 per mile. So for my spreadsheet, I introduce an $.11 constant. I multiply that by miles driven to get cost of depreciation and maintenance.

For a newish car that is worth 25k, the depreciation would probably be $.17 to $.20 per mile.

·
Premium Member
9,818 Posts
I wondered if one could copy that into a new work sheet. Well yes you can. Thanks.

I have made my own but not as detailed and if they raise the srf I'll have to figure out something but your example is most helpful.

I have two separate workbooks, one that shows each trip minus the $ srf. keeps a daliy total and 2 months per sheet, 6 sheets for the year. Since it's daliy / weekly totals.

Then another that shows the weekly totals then per month, tracking total net averages per month.
I don't know if total trips are needed so didn't and those.

It's mostly total miles per day , per week to monthly I'm concerned about cause of the .575 deduction.

Also created a section for ratings. Yeah it mirrors ubers from there weekly report, but its easier to look at the weekly, average a monthly and come up with your over all on one page. It kind of gives you a weekly that shows where a 1* may have been given.

OC Uber advertises $16/hour for drivers.
That's there marketing, only to show the gross.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts