Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The taxi/Uber debate and pilot program meetings continue in Mississauga.

The "public observers" from the taxi industry in the crowd behaving like children in a schoolyard. Shouting at counsellors, name calling, and being as disruptive as possible, just don't get that those tactics will just be worse for themselves in the long run.

Keep it up fellas, you'll be helping to make UBER legal in Mississauga faster that you know it. :)

The story here:

http://www.insauga.com/sparks-fly-at-latest-uber-pilot-program-committee-meeting-in-mississauga

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, but they still have to be careful what they wish for.
I was in Mississauga yesterday, and the cab's there look ROUGH even compared to Toronto.

Saw quite a few Crown Vic cab's as well. Seeing as Ford stopped building the Crown Vic in the 2008 model year asking for the "same standards" where Mississauga can adopt the 7 model year vehicle age like Toronto will mean a LOT of cab's will have to be replaced. $$$$$

Obviously Uber is operating business-as-usual in the city. Turned on the passenger app and there were UberX cars EVERYWHERE!

I also noticed that UberBlack is not available in Mississauga. No idea what that's about. All if the black cars and SUVs are operating as Select.

·
Registered
49 Posts
True, but they still have to be careful what they wish for.
I was in Mississauga yesterday, and the cab's there look ROUGH even compared to Toronto.

Saw quite a few Crown Vic cab's as well. Seeing as Ford stopped building the Crown Vic in the 2008 model year asking for the "same standards" where Mississauga can adopt the 7 model year vehicle age like Toronto will mean a LOT of cab's will have to be replaced. $$$$$

Obviously Uber is operating business-as-usual in the city. Turned on the passenger app and there were UberX cars EVERYWHERE!

I also noticed that UberBlack is not available in Mississauga. No idea what that's about. All if the black cars and SUVs are operating as Select.
Close, but not quite, 2011 was last year for crown vic. Ford close the plant south of London that year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts